Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*UPDATE* Please tell me I'm not overreacting...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 216 Replies

UPDATE:  DH got ahold of FIL and took my side.  He confirmed that FIL did infact leave the items in plain view.  He booked FIL a hotel for a few nights until he goes home and agreed that this was the last straw.

Edit: for the last time, my boys didn't go through his stuff. He left it on the bathroom counter in plain view.

So my FIL is visiting for a couple of weeks. We have given him the guest room and he is sharing our second bathroom with my 6 year old twin boys.

I clean the bathrooms daily because little boys are gross lol. Well yesterday I cleaned it and put thing away, everything was nice and tidy nothing unusual.

This morning FIL slept in and I heard my boys getting breakfast. I slept in a bit longer until it got really quite. I got up to investigate and found my twins in the bathroom playing with condoms, lube and a fleshlight.

WTF! I am livid! I barged in on sleeping FIL threw the crap at him and told him to pack his shit.

DH is on his way home from work.

I'm just pissed. He is a grown ass man and had no common sense!

What would you have done? I hope I not overreacting, I'm very hormonal. I just feel like he violated my home.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM
8 moms liked this
I wouldn't have made him leave, but I would have explained that we do not keep those things were kids can easily access them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Overreacting to kick him out! Smh.
jteffs
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:56 PM
3 moms liked this

Ummm how much jerking off does he plan to  do at your house? Especially in the bathroom he shares with 6 year olds?

chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Why are your 6 yr olds looking through someone else's things? My 6 yr. old knows not to touch other people's belongings.

I'm not sure why he would pack those things, but that's a whole different issue.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
This is just the tip of the iceberg. He is filthy, in considerate and takes advantage of us. He has never even bought my boys birthday or Christmas presents because he is to lazy to get a job.

Quoting Retrokitty: I wouldn't have made him leave, but I would have explained that we do not keep those things were kids can easily access them.
Dellane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
3 moms liked this

Absolute over reaction. A simple request that FIL keep things where the little ones can't get them and an admonishment to the kids to not get into things that aren't theirs would have resolved the situation. 

Greysonmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

wow...he couldn't wait to do that in the privay of his own home in a couple weeks....not sure what I would do....but that is very inappropriate...good luck..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Thats bad, I would have done  the same thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM
It was out on the counter!!

Quoting chickensmommy: Why are your 6 yr olds looking through someone else's things? My 6 yr. old knows not to touch other people's belongings.

I'm not sure why he would pack those things, but that's a whole different issue.
rissat79
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Shouldn't have kicked him out. Throwing the shit at him, I would've done also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)