Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Share your teens first.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM
  • 19 Replies

Share teens first experience behind the wheel.

Today was my sons first experience behind the wheel. He tried to back up the car and when I told him lightly on the gas he gunned it and we landed in the middle of our cuvasac. Thanks to the E Break I was able to stop the car and threw it in park real fast. Yeah for now on I'll back it up and we'll do practice in a large open parking lot.

Want a reading? First time callers get 3 Free minutes!!! Lets Chat!!!! www.keen.com/LadyDastina
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:45 PM

BUMP!

dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM
I don't have teens but I turned on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal my first time behind the wheel
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM

lol We didn't even get far enough for him to need signals. 

Quoting dbrown1989: I don't have teens but I turned on the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal my first time behind the wheel

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Cul-de-sac.

I'm not looking forward to my kids learning to drive. My car probably isn't either
Freela
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM

My dad let me learn to drive in a big empty parking lot, and I still almost ran into a wall when I stepped on the gas instead of the brake!  Not looking forward to this when my kids are older... ds is turning 12 so I have four more years to go!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Sadly I'm 20 and never drove or Atempted to learn
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Parking lot. Always start in a parking lot. Why would you try to start on a street?
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Yeah, they will be having a professional teaching them lol.

IfTheTiaraFits
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:56 PM
My husband and the driving school had the joy of teaching my son to drive, lol. It was still scary to ride with him at first, though, lol.
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:57 PM

He was just going to back up the car. He wasn't going out onto the street to drive. 

Next week we'll do the parking lot.

Quoting Crazy-Steph: Parking lot. Always start in a parking lot. Why would you try to start on a street?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)