Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

you deliver quicker with additionals?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
So my mom and grandma both told me that you deliver quicker with additional pregnancies. Im curious to see if this is true or not. With my daughter in 2008 i was 42 weeks when i delivered though labor started 24 hours my membrane sweep in office. I was induced in 2012 at 38 weeks with my son. And now im 37 weeks with a little girl. Today i have been on the move with nesting and tonight as soon as i went to settle down, i started cramping. Ive been running back and forth to the toilet with loose stools and cramps and it sucks. I havent been eating much due to no appetite.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM
And im sorry for spelling and grammar errors. I turned off my spell check due to the ridiculous corrections it was making.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Nope.

My daughter, my second born, took her sweet time. She kept "falling asleep" the nurse said. She was a month early but I felt like I was in labor forever. Longer than I was with my son (firstborn)

"My hope is anchored on the other side" -Switchfoot

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM
I've heard the more you have, your birth canal turns into a slip 'n slide.
dizzy91
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:47 PM

From what I understand, yes. For most people, from the start of labor to the birth, it goes faster with additional pregnancies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM

I hope you feel better!! 

I was almost 42 weeks with my baby. I couldn't even get a membrane sweep because my body would not open up. lol. 

I only have one though so I can't say if it gets quicker.

I wish you and your baby health and safety as you are getting ready to bring her into the world! Exciting time!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Sounds like fun. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: I've heard the more you have, your birth canal turns into a slip 'n slide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's not always true. Mine were 5 hours, 2 hours, 2 hours, and 7 hours
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM
That sucks!!! Yeah with my first it seemed like forever. They sweep me and it was so gross. Went pee before leaving the doctors office and all it was, was a huge glob of nasty mucus looking stuff... hell i didnt know i eas in labor until it 6 hours of pain and not being able to sleep. Went to the hospital and was 6cm dilated. It went quick.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you feel better!! 

I was almost 42 weeks with my baby. I couldn't even get a membrane sweep because my body would not open up. lol. 

I wish you and your baby health and safety as you are getting ready to bring her into the world! Exciting time!!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Wow! That's awesome that you were so far along when you got to the hospital! Were you in a lot of pain? That was something I was so scared about was the pain I would feel in the car ride to the hospital. I wanted to labor at home for as long as I could. 

I got nothing I wanted on my birth plan. It's okay though. 

I wanted to go into labor naturally. I was induced. Therefore, didn't labor at home like I wanted to. I didn't want an epidural...got one. That was my decision and it was a good choice I think. I felt nothing and slept for 8 out of the 9 hours I was in labor. I did get some other medicine too the night before, which I was really against, but the pain was just sooo intense and I wasn't expecting it. I was such a huge baby! 

The ones that upset me the most were I wanted to wait to cut the cord...the doctor said it would be fine, waited like maybe 2 minutes and then said okay, we are going to cut it now. I also wanted to hold Ds skin to skin..they gave him to me all wrapped up and I was so exhausted and out of it and in pain (from being stitched up, the doctor was not gentle) that I didn't ask to try skin to skin.

I did get to breastfeed right after he was born. So, I take back the nothing on my birth plan.   :)
I stopped before he was done though because my in-laws came in the room with Dh's siblings and it was just really awkward. They were just standing there all excited and I was feeding the baby. I didn't get upset though. I love my in-laws.   :) 

Quoting Anonymous: That sucks!!! Yeah with my first it seemed like forever. They sweep me and it was so gross. Went pee before leaving the doctors office and all it was, was a huge glob of nasty mucus looking stuff... hell i didnt know i eas in labor until it 6 hours of pain and not being able to sleep. Went to the hospital and was 6cm dilated. It went quick.
Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you feel better!! 

psychomom2four
by Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I disagree I have 5 first was 2 hours second 2 hours 3rd induced because of blood pressure which was 8 hours 4th was a silent labor 2 hours of hard labor after my water broke my last was 48 hours.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)