Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone Else Overwhelmed????

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone else's family expect them to do everything for holidays??   Not one person offers to help??  You have to plan it out, grocery shop cook, clean, assemble baskets, etc??   It's like this every holiday for me.   I'm done.   This is the last one I'm dealing with this bull shit.  

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Yes I do it all, no I don't find it overwhelming. I do what I can and want tp do, nothing more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you talking about extended family (your parents, siblings, inlaws, ect.) or just your husband and kids?
Either way, nope. They know I don't play that shit. I don't host parties at all. You want me to do Easter? Shit in one hand and want in the other and see which one fills up first.
Dellane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:51 PM

No.  I'm not doing much for Easter but other large holidays are pretty low key.  My husband will help wrap gifts and typically does all the prep work for the cooking.

shadowcat76
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Yup. I told everyone to go somewhere else this year though. Im officially boycotting Easter. We are going to Foxwoods...lol

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I do it all. My DH will help with the potatoes and ham tomorrow, but otherwise I do it all. Most of the time I'm not overwhelmed, but this year I am. But it's for a much bigger reason than just dealing with the usual holiday crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:53 PM
I was up at 6am, showered, shopped, cleaned, cooked, just did the Easter eggs, and right now am waiting for dd to fall asleep so I can hide the eggs and assemble the basket.

Husband went outside and messed around with the lawn mower...... That is it. I put my foot down when he wanted to go to game stop.

I have literally been on my feet from 6am till 8 pm. (By the way I have a blood clot and am supposed to be elevating my leg a few real times a day, but hubby hasn't don't shit)
Zanny
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:58 PM

It was FINE when I was a stay at home mom.    I had nothing better to do then to plan out holidays.  Clean.. Cook.. Take care of kids.   

Now I work 50plus hours a week.   I can't handle it all.   I'm just overwhelmed.   And frustrated.  And angry.  And over tired.  

I've been up since 6.  I'm  Taking the good advice & going to bed 

BestSNEver
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Nope. We don't celebrate it with extended family so no drama, lol!
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM

Luckily when we do holiday dinners we do that at my mom's but we all share in bringing food so no one is stuck with doing it all.We're all pretty laid back so holidays are simple.

Zanny
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM

That would be ideal.  That's the way my family always did it too.   But now my mom whines about how she has copd and she can't do it anymore.  Really? I asked you to bring a dip

Quoting MrsApple:

Luckily when we do holiday dinners we do that at my mom's but we all share in bringing food so no one is stuck with doing it all.We're all pretty laid back so holidays are simple.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)