Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I suck.... The Easter bunny quit!

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

My kids are 16, 13 and 11. We are in the process of buying a house (we signed Friday and get keys Monday late or Tuesday morning) so really, everything else has been a blur.  I realised at about noon today that there is NOtHING from the Easter bunny - we didn't do eggs, no baskets, nothing....

yeah.. I suck...

I am thinking of putting $10 each in an egg and putting it on their pillow so they wake up to it and call it good. LMAO .

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at their ages they may like money in an egg. ;)
arimaur
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM
lol aw. I'm pretty sure it won't be the end of the world for them.
JAIRATRACI
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:03 AM
That works for me. Mine are 12, 6, 4, and 3.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM
5 moms liked this
Um.. lie! Easter bunny has new address.. then you go on Monday buy all the crap on clearence plant it in the new house.. and blame the bunny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Can you just delay it a week? I mean....if you really want to get them something rather than doing the money thing.They're old enough to understand...

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM

Thank you!!

I agree! my oldest just got hired for his first job- 8 weeks as an instructor in aquatics at a boy scout camp and he is saving $$ to buy comic bookss and snacks and drinks to take to camp...Ds2 is all about buing music and game upgrades, DD is a girly girl...clothes, music, etc.

Quoting KairisMama: Well at their ages they may like money in an egg. ;)

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/982nd Class Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

307mama
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. I remember when my parents bought a house and it landed on Easter. Best Easter ever. We got a chocolate bunny and ate hotdogs and chips sitting on the floor in the new dining room. It is what you make it. You don't need to go all out :)
MizzSuzy
by Hello Kitty on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Um I'm sure they understand lol they seem old enough already. Or I agree you can just do the money thing instead
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:07 AM

ROFL!! I love the idea... totally play the "easter bunny missed the date" have  Easter NeXt week at the new house @@ HAHAHAA!! GREAT IDEA!

Quoting Anonymous: Um.. lie! Easter bunny has new address.. then you go on Monday buy all the crap on clearence plant it in the new house.. and blame the bunny.

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:09 AM
They are to old for the bunny thing aren't they?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)