Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think my dh is leaving me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Okay to make a long story short I hope:

My DH and I have been together 8 yrs. Two kids and the past 3 yes I have had a terrible problem with giving him attention. He has mentioned countless times he feels neglected and that I don't live him. I love him so much and I don't know what I would do without him. I also think its because I have a low sex drive now and we only do it a few times a month and I feel terrible that I'm like that and I can't be in the mood as often as he wants me too. We have had countless arguments and talks about how I am and I never know what to say and I'm tired of apologizing for how I am. I don't try to not be lovey dovey or distant. That's just how I am. As I think back I don't think I was ever that lovey dovey but now it bothers him. I don't want to lose him but I think he's fed up. In those many conversations we have had I always try to change and I can't. Idk why I'm like this but what ever to is its tearing us apart. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Only YOU can change YOU

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:41 AM
I could have written this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM
I'm sure if your having the same problrm

Quoting Anonymous: I could have written this
ER-momma
by LintLicker on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Would you and he agree to counseling? If so talk to him try to make an effort. Counseling isn't always expensive-look in your area you might find some affordable people. If he's what you want fight for it-don't just lay down and let it happen. You never know-your actual attempt (not just words) may make him reconsider. If you do nothing he'll continue to feel you're not in it. You have to decide how important your family is. And you have to do whatever you can to change yourself.
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:51 AM
So....put some effort in and give the man some attention. After the kids are in bed, snuggle with him on the sofa. Get a babysitter and go out somewhere even if it is just a walk in the park. Riding in the cat, reach out and hold his hand or put your hand behind his neck and play with his hair. Send him random texts during the day telling him how much you love and miss him.
JuneCleaver256
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:56 AM
There is a saying "fake it till you make it". I can be pretty distant at times too, and sometimes I just have to go through the motions. But at the end of the day I never regret giving dh extra snuggles and he enjoys it too.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 20, 2014 at 2:59 AM

stares

Quoting JuneCleaver256: There is a saying "fake it till you make it". I can be pretty distant at times too, and sometimes I just have to go through the motions. But at the end of the day I never regret giving dh extra snuggles and he enjoys it too.

Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Have sex even if you don't want to. My drive was really low and I did this. I started really enjoying it more and more. Love on him and give him the attention he craves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Why not put out anyway? Your poor hubby
Linagma03
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Try talking to your dr you could have a hormone issue and had it for a long time if you've always been this way as far as the sex goes. As for the attention part that is a pretty easy fix you just give him more attention like the others said. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)