Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Mother

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
  • 12 Replies
Wears me the fuck out. She picked this homemade baked mac and cheese dish to make to take to my Atheist Aunts(we're a mess I know) Easter dinner today. Well here is the thing....my Mom can't cook. Earlier in the week she asked if I would make it. I agreed. Then I got the flu. My fever just broke this morning. I asked her "I dunno that I should be touching food. What do you think? Should l?" She exploded into this giant fit about how I was playing her and I had no intention of cooking it from the start did I?" On and on and on she went about me playing her. It's so exhausting to be around her. She's either the nicest lady you've ever had the pleasure of being around OR she's a vile bitch. Part of me just wants to say I'm not feeling up to leaving because I'm too sick. Not in the mood for her crazy today.
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Wash your hands and make it. Shower, dress and go enjoy the Atheist Easter !

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
We are blessedly by ourselves for this holiday. Try to have fun! Oh, and try not to kill her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

The atheist aunt sounds like the most sane person in the bunch.

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Go back to bed. Don't answer her calls. Enjoy your day and work on feeling better. You need rest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Sounds like my mother. She's having a stuffed pork today..when I told her my younger ds didn't like it, she was like "he ate it last time." I told her he didn't, he ate the chicken she made for my niece's bf because HE doesn't like pork. So this is what I got:

"So younger ds decided he doesn't like pork because niece's bf doesn't like pork?" 

Really? THAT'S was you ascertain from what I said?? 

If she'd REALLY been paying attention, she'd have remembered my younger ds hasn't eaten pork in over 10 years. 

My mother's a wonderful giving person...to everyone else. Including my brother and his wife, the Royal Couple.

mary716
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM
I wouldn't do it, you're still contagious and besides what better time to learn how to cook lol
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM
She'll just make my Dad do it I'm sure. I wish she'd learn how to cook.

Quoting mary716: I wouldn't do it, you're still contagious and besides what better time to learn how to cook lol
mary716
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Aww lol baked mac and cheese is super simple though. Oh well, I hope you feel better

Quoting Glitchtastic: She'll just make my Dad do it I'm sure. I wish she'd learn how to cook.

Quoting mary716: I wouldn't do it, you're still contagious and besides what better time to learn how to cook lol
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Thanks. :)

Quoting mary716: Aww lol baked mac and cheese is super simple though. Oh well, I hope you feel better

Quoting Glitchtastic: She'll just make my Dad do it I'm sure. I wish she'd learn how to cook.

jenny3344
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Do whatever you want to do and don't let your mom dictate what you do. If you want to go then go. If not don't go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)