Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Put your damn dog on a leash!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
Walking my 11-month-old in her stroller to church. A random dog (though groomed and collared) came up and stuck it's face in and licked my daughter!!! I backed up and tried to shoo it without touching it while my daughter screamed with joy and squeezed it's ears. I yelled "Hey, no!!" to my daughter AND the dog, and a woman who was out gardening and had been WATCHING called the dog over. I stopped to speak with her and she let me know the dog was hers, was well groomed and had all shots, and was very nice tempered. I let my daughter hug and drool all over it (she freaking loves the dirty damn things). However, after we walked away, I couldn't help but think how rude it was that she saw me clearly being uncomfortable about a random dog coming up to my child, yet she watched me struggle with it for two minutes and only called it when I was about to kick the damn thing. People, either keep your dogs on a leash or keep them under control and away from children!!!!! What if my little girl was severely allergic? Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this
I was agreeing with you, then you pushed to far. Your little princess survived.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Omfg I agree I with you!!! Lately its like no one in our neighborhood keeps their dogs on leashes or on their property so we go walking our dogs and they won't leave us or our dogs alone and I dunno whose they are or if they are agrressive etc! Pisses me off! Next time we see them, we are calling animal control
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
She should have called it right away or made sure it didn't leave the yard to begin with, but I promise you, the dog licking your snowflake is not going to kill her.
Ultrakiwi
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Yep. I had a very large, very heavy dog just start jumping on my stomach. I am 9 months pregnant, and it hurts to have pressure there. Pissed me the hell off. I don't care if it's friendly. I would like to be able to walk in my yard, or on the sidewalk, without being almost knocked over by a dog that weighs as much as a grown woman. I am glad my DD wasn't there. She would have wanted to play with it, and it very easily would have knocked her into the ground. Haven't seen it out since their landlord said they'd.call, though. It needs a really strong runner, or a fenced in yard.
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:39 AM
As long as the dog is friendly that wouldn't bother me. My issue would a dog running up and getting in my older dog's face. That will cause her react sometimes.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an incident once the guy allowed his dogs to bark aggressively at me with my toddler in a stroller. He refused to call his dog off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I agree. Ds is allergic. I'm not talking running nose kind of allergic. I'm talking breaking out in hives kind of allergic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Ok smart ass. well u cant tell if a dog has worms for a while. u would be pissed if a random dog with worms or some other disgusting problem licked your childs mouth. also wht if it had just ate or licked a dead animal? it could easily pass diseases etc i dont mind usually bt idk the dog or what it does or was doing prior to licking her. r u ok with any stray random dog walking up and kissing your kids tongue? no? then stfu.

Quoting Anonymous: She should have called it right away or made sure it didn't leave the yard to begin with, but I promise you, the dog licking your snowflake is not going to kill her.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Yea that's not acceptable.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I do have a son who is allergic to most foods that dogs eat (and a few dogs).  Best he will get is a case of hives and the need for some rescue meds (inhaler or antihistamine).

I totally agree that dogs should be leashed though.  Kids in a stroller, especially could be viewed as a threat for many dogs, no matter how well behaved.  Plus, not everyone thinks dogs are all that and a bag of chips.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN