Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for Christians..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
Soo, hell isn't open yet, right? Everyone who has passed is currently in heaven, correct? Because no one has been judged yet? Also, even the people who never once repented or even believed in God, they'll be given another chance, right? Because aren't well all taught the true word of our father during the 1000 years after Christ returns? (When God's elect become like priests?)
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM
4 moms liked this
No, the people who have passed are asleep in Christ until Judgement Day. At which time they'll be sorted out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm Catholic.  We believe in Purgatory.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:31 AM
What does that mean, "asleep in Christ"? Can you tell me where I can find that?

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, the people who have passed are asleep in Christ until Judgement Day. At which time they'll be sorted out.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:33 AM
I believe in the two gulfs in heaven. Somewhat like purgatory, I guess..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM
?

Quoting norwgnwood:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I thought Catholics got rid or pergatory. Or was that limbo?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM
We're just dead. No heaven yet, no hell yet, just nothing until Jesus returned and sorts the wheat from the chaff. That's a metaphor for separating the good from the not so good.

In all honesty, I forget the verses that talk about this. We're Lutheran. Every denomination has their own idea about the specifics for the process.

Quoting Anonymous: What does that mean, "asleep in Christ"? Can you tell me where I can find that?

Quoting Danesmommy1: No, the people who have passed are asleep in Christ until Judgement Day. At which time they'll be sorted out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 20, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Thats just confusing to me since I've read otherwise, kwim?

Quoting Danesmommy1: We're just dead. No heaven yet, no hell yet, just nothing until Jesus returned and sorts the wheat from the chaff. That's a metaphor for separating the good from the not so good.

In all honesty, I forget the verses that talk about this. We're Lutheran. Every denomination has their own idea about the specifics for the process.

Quoting Anonymous: What does that mean, "asleep in Christ"? Can you tell me where I can find that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)