Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Happy Easter... from a Pagan

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 82 Replies
61 moms liked this

So, I've seen a few antagonistic, anti-Christian threads... and frankly, they're pissing me off.

What good are they serving by berating Christians about their holiday ON their holiday?  Hey, I like a good religious debate, sure... but at least show them the same respect that you demand from them.  I know what it's like to be a non-Christian surrounded by Christianity... but what good does it do to antagonize them on a their spiritual holy days?  It just makes you look like a jackass.

So... Christians, I'm sorry people are being jackasses.  Enjoy your Easter and bright blessings!

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM

BUMP!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a Christian, but don't celebrate Easter. I agree with you. It gets old.

Happy Easter everyone! Have a great day!!!
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Happy "Insert something u celebrate" :)
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
10 moms liked this

Happy Easter....From a Satanist. ;)

sarah427
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I was about to make a post saying this exact same thing! I definitely understand what you're saying and agree. I show respect for everyone's beliefs because they are their beliefs. They do not have to share mine. Kudos to you and I hope you have a great day today also!

Quoting NiamhWitch:

So, I've seen a few antagonistic, anti-Christian threads... and frankly, they're pissing me off.

What good are they serving by berating Christians about their holiday ON their holiday?  Hey, I like a good religious debate, sure... but at least show them the same respect that you demand from them.  I know what it's like to be a non-Christian surrounded by Christianity... but what good does it do to antagonize them on a their spiritual holy days?  It just makes you look like a jackass.

So... Christians, I'm sorry people are being jackasses.  Enjoy your Easter and bright blessings!

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Hoppy Easter :-)
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I see what you did there. ;-)

Quoting ame85: Hoppy Easter :-)

MommyofRnW
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! As a Christian it's hard when everyone demands your respect but beats up on you for your beliefs. Happy Easter! Or whatever you celebrate!
Mudfishzgirl
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this
I always wonder the thought process going on with some of these moms. I'm and atheist and I don't feel the need to rip into religious people. To me religion is or at least should be a deeply personal opinion. I don't go around broadcasting what I believe or don't believe because that's for me and me only.
Sorry about the rant I just get annoyed with some atheists making us all look like immature assholes. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Thanks. :-)  Today is just Sunday to us.  Our holiday was in March (egg painting and hunting, etc).

If I smoked, I guess I'd celebrate 420, lol... but I don't smoke, haha. (never even tried it... which some people are always shocked to hear)

Quoting MommyofRnW: Thank you! As a Christian it's hard when everyone demands your respect but beats up on you for your beliefs. Happy Easter! Or whatever you celebrate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN