Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Happy Easter... from a Pagan

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  • 82 Replies
61 moms liked this

So, I've seen a few antagonistic, anti-Christian threads... and frankly, they're pissing me off.

What good are they serving by berating Christians about their holiday ON their holiday?  Hey, I like a good religious debate, sure... but at least show them the same respect that you demand from them.  I know what it's like to be a non-Christian surrounded by Christianity... but what good does it do to antagonize them on a their spiritual holy days?  It just makes you look like a jackass.

So... Christians, I'm sorry people are being jackasses.  Enjoy your Easter and bright blessings!

by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM

BUMP!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a Christian, but don't celebrate Easter. I agree with you. It gets old.

Happy Easter everyone! Have a great day!!!
Michelle479
by Mother Rabbit on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Happy "Insert something u celebrate" :)
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
10 moms liked this

Happy Easter....From a Satanist. ;)

sarah427
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
3 moms liked this
I was about to make a post saying this exact same thing! I definitely understand what you're saying and agree. I show respect for everyone's beliefs because they are their beliefs. They do not have to share mine. Kudos to you and I hope you have a great day today also!

Quoting NiamhWitch:

So, I've seen a few antagonistic, anti-Christian threads... and frankly, they're pissing me off.

What good are they serving by berating Christians about their holiday ON their holiday?  Hey, I like a good religious debate, sure... but at least show them the same respect that you demand from them.  I know what it's like to be a non-Christian surrounded by Christianity... but what good does it do to antagonize them on a their spiritual holy days?  It just makes you look like a jackass.

So... Christians, I'm sorry people are being jackasses.  Enjoy your Easter and bright blessings!

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
Hoppy Easter :-)
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I see what you did there. ;-)

Quoting ame85: Hoppy Easter :-)

MommyofRnW
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! As a Christian it's hard when everyone demands your respect but beats up on you for your beliefs. Happy Easter! Or whatever you celebrate!
Mudfishzgirl
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM
4 moms liked this
I always wonder the thought process going on with some of these moms. I'm and atheist and I don't feel the need to rip into religious people. To me religion is or at least should be a deeply personal opinion. I don't go around broadcasting what I believe or don't believe because that's for me and me only.
Sorry about the rant I just get annoyed with some atheists making us all look like immature assholes. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Thanks. :-)  Today is just Sunday to us.  Our holiday was in March (egg painting and hunting, etc).

If I smoked, I guess I'd celebrate 420, lol... but I don't smoke, haha. (never even tried it... which some people are always shocked to hear)

Quoting MommyofRnW: Thank you! As a Christian it's hard when everyone demands your respect but beats up on you for your beliefs. Happy Easter! Or whatever you celebrate!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN