Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I finally told my mom *update* *another update* *Update 3*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

OP:

I finally told my mom that her husband molested me from age 9 to 17. I'm freaking out. She believed me and she's gonna leave him. I don't know what to think. I was never gonna tell...

Update 1:

Today has been really hard. My mom is a mess and my step dad was talking about showing up at my house. He doesn't know why she kicked him out. I begged her not to tell him I told her. He only knows that I told her something and she's done with him. So he's talking about showing up at my house and getting me to tell him. I packed up the kids and went somewhere else. We will go home when my husband gets off work.

I never should have said a word. I have just completely turned my mom's world inside out and upside down. I don't know what to do from here.

UPDATE 2

He texted me today. He knows that's what I told my mom. He is calling me a liar and begging me to "tell the truth" and "take it back." Telling me I ruined the lives of him, my mom, my little brother, and my little sister. Saying that I "better NOT" show up at my little brother's graduation or my older brother's wedding. 

My mom is a basket case.

I still wish I hadn't said anything. I don't know how life is going to be now. It feels like I lost my whole family. I should have kept my damn mouth shut. I'm having nightmares every night since I told her. I haven't slept more than an hour stretch without waking up drenched in sweat and not able to breathe. 

My husband has been amazing. He's my rock. He and the kids are the only reason I haven't disappeared. Anyway, I hope things get better, I just don't know how they can. :-(

UPDATE 3

I talked to my mom for a couple hours Saturday night. She's doing better. She's stronger than she realizes. I am STILL having nightmares every night. I just want to sleep! I want to take a sleeping pill, but I'm terrified that if I do, I'll just be stuck in my bad dreams all night and not be able to wake up. I would rather wake up at 1 or 2 in the morning and not be able to sleep anymore than to be stuck in those dreams all night. Will that happen? Does anyone know?

Other than the dreams and the near constant neausa, I'm doing slightly better. My husband has just been so amazing through all of this. I couldn't have asked for a better man. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could hug you
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM
How old are you now
KRIZZ25
we always talk about "bad moms"what about "bad dads" ?
Yesterday at 1:57 PM
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:09 PM
(((hugs)))
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM
Good for you! I still haven't told my mom what her ex did to me when I was 11-14. I don't know if I ever will. She found my diary and read it, which had some stuff in it, but she didn't believe me and stayed with him until he left her and pulled a gun on all of us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Good for you hun. Being alone is way better than her living with a liar, a cheater, and a child molester.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Big hugs to you!!!! Thank god she believed you and decided to leave him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:12 PM
What made you decide to tell?

I told mine when I was 18 because I was worried about my little sister since I was moving out. I don't know if she really believed me or not or that she just didn't want to. She didn't leave him though. Promised he would get therapy but that never happened, not that it would've helped. There's a ton of resentment there.
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:12 PM

She needed to know & you needed to get that out. I am so sorry that happened to you. Thinking of you & your mother. You are very corageous! I wish I could hug you too.

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you.You should never have to hide being abused.And I am glad your mom is supporting you.

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM
3 moms liked this
I'll never understand parents that don't believe their children when it comes to things like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)