Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does your laundry room look like?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:45 AM
  • 154 Replies

No confessions.. except that i just moved and can't figure out how to set up my laundry room.
I'm not ready to dump thousands into it... it's three times the size of our old laundry room..

What does your look like?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:57 AM
6 moms liked this

Edited: Small and cramped, it's probably 6x6, it also houses our water heater. There's cabinets to the left (south side) above the washer and a window to the west (beind the washer/dryer). We have saloon style doors on it. It's not great, but functional, i want to paint it, remove the doors from the above cabinets, and add some blinds but that's about all i can do.

Our washer is on the left and is a top loader, dryer on the right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:58 AM
11 moms liked this

a hot damn mess lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is located in two placez in our basement. Behind one set of bifold doors is the washer. Then I have to go down a short hallway to open another set of bifold doors to reveal the dryer. I hate it. I wish it was all in one room and NOT in the basement!
cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:11 AM
It's not great at all right now. Not real big but big enough. I can tell you my plans are to have a counter too installed a over my washer and dryer, put up some storage shelves, and a fold down ironing board over the counter. I have a shelf and hanging rod above the washer and dryer too. I also need to paint it. Cm won't let me post pics right now or I'd show you what it looks like and what in going for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:13 AM

My washer and dryer are in the garage.  Laundry areas seem like such an afterthought.  I hate my situation, but it could be worse.

Bri060492
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:14 AM
Mines in my main bathroom behind the door.
wiener
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:22 AM
A giant mess. Its also the storage room were the furnace and the hot water heater are stored. I want to move the heater as they put the damn thing in the middle of the fricken walk way. But it would cost a lot to move it and even then we could only move it a few inches. Grrrrr. I hate my laundry room its a disgusting mess and the way its set up makes it hard to do anything with it.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Nothing fancy. The washer & dryer, a small table, a collapsible laundry rack, a sink, and a gigantic mountain of laundry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Tiny. We have a room about six feet long and just wide enough to fit the washer and dryer in off our kitchen which is our half bath and laundry room. If you stand in the doorway the toilet is in front of you with the sink to the left. The washer is to your right and the dryer is next to it behind the door. When the dryer is open it almost touches the toilet and the door needs to be closed. Doing laundry can get a bit claustrophobic. There are cabinets above that I use for all my cleaning stuff which is the only nice feature.
nkki954
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:36 AM

We just moved in two weks ago. it's a freaking disaster zone and i have no clue how to set everything up. I know I need cabinets... and shelves. i'd like to add more laundry-ish things, but can't spend thousands doing it...

There are two doors, one leads to the back patio and pool/backyard and the other leads to the side of the house. It does have a full bathroom and my 14 year old daughter claimed a corner for her "bathroom stuff" since she claimed that bathroom.

The closet holds the seasonal stuff and winter coats (living in south Florida, I have no clue why we have winter coats). There is a refridgerator for surplus and drinks for the bar outside. The deep freezer holds our meat... white shelves by the door holds our hurricane supplies. The large black shelves has extra sheets, towels, curtains, table cloths, and random stuff..

ideas?? help??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)