Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me figure this out, how much am I supposed to pay?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 38 Replies

Mobile Photo

For an urgent care?

From what I'm reading its free but I just looked at the claim and it says I owe the urgent care 50 bucks.
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM

it says co pay may apply. I know when we go to urgent care its a $50 co pay for us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I can't read it, it's too small. Urgent care usually has a copay.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
I do see that, and they charged me 50 but then what does it mean when it says no charge?

Sadly I've called and emailed blue cross and even they can't tell me

Quoting Anonymous:

it says co pay may apply. I know when we go to urgent care its a $50 co pay for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:45 AM
It's the 5th line down. It says both no charge and then copay may apply

Quoting Anonymous: I can't read it, it's too small. Urgent care usually has a copay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:46 AM

most times, unless you're sent to the hospital for admission, there's a copay. Only if you're admitted to the hospital is there no charge.

Quoting Roxygurl: I do see that, and they charged me 50 but then what does it mean when it says no charge? Sadly I've called and emailed blue cross and even they can't tell me
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Did you go to an in-network urgent care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM

Yep, if it's an even $50, it's most likely a copay.  

If it was out of network, you'd owe 20% (possibly in addition to the copay), but that's usually not an even amount like $50.  It's possible, just not as likely.  (It's kind of like checking out at the grocery store and your total being an even $50.)

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:47 AM
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous: Did you go to an in-network urgent care?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:48 AM
See that's the thing. It was an in network copay so it says no charge. Then under the same headline copay may apply. How do I know when it will apply and when it won't? Hell even blue cross can't tell me

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, if it's an even $50, it's most likely a copay.  

If it was out of network, you'd owe 20% (possibly in addition to the copay), but that's usually not an even amount like $50.  It's possible, just not as likely.  (It's kind of like checking out at the grocery store and your total being an even $50.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:50 AM
So then I assume that any urgent care is 50?

I swear usually I know this stuff but right now its so confusing and its scary that with my info in front of them blue cross still can't give me the information

Quoting Anonymous:

most times, unless you're sent to the hospital for admission, there's a copay. Only if you're admitted to the hospital is there no charge.

Quoting Roxygurl: I do see that, and they charged me 50 but then what does it mean when it says no charge?

Sadly I've called and emailed blue cross and even they can't tell me

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)