Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 130 Replies

In God?  

I heard a quote the other day that said something like "Believing in God is no different than believing in the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus, It's all a fantasy."  I'm a Christian but this made me think. I understand the meaning behind both and obviously neither are in the Bible they are just used as symbols. BUT, it's all based on idea or faith. 

If yes you do believe in God, Why?

If No, Why not?

***THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST WAS TO SEE WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE OR DON'T BELIEVE, IT'S NOT TO BASH ANYONE FOR THEIR BELIEFS, I CAN RESPECT BOTH SIDES. I'M INTERESTED IN HEARING WHY PEOPLE FEEL THE WAY THEY DO, MAYBE JUST TO GET A BETTER UNDERSTANDING. THAT BEING SAID, PLEASE INCLUDE WHY YOU BELIEVE OR WHY YOU DON'T ;) 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemercygrace
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Yes, I do believe in God.

mary716
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM
3 moms liked this
No, but I do believe that I need to pee and dh is taking forever in the bathroom
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Yes I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Yes, I believe in God.

seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I was a Christian mt whole life, and then something awoke inside me that led me to start reading and researching...

I can honestly tell you that I grieve for the old, faithful me, but I no longer believe.

aurorarosepsych
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM

yes

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this

I believe because I can't look at this perfectly designed universe and deny the existence of a designer. I am a Christian because thousands of years of Jewish history point to a man who turned out to be Jesus, the Christ, the Redeemer.

booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this
In the Christian god, no. I do believe in a higher power.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's the way I look at it.  I live as though God exists.  Even if I question it at times.  Why?  Because if I am wrong all I did was live a good life and help others.  But, if I lived as though there was no God and I was wrong, eternity in hell sounds much less appealing than living a just life now.  Of course my religion does not tell me that I am subservient to my spouse, or that I must do anything truly onerous.  (what I mean is that my beliefs are not anything that is all that hard, not that my religion says I don't need to work hard)  I treat everyone as I would watn to be treated and that is the end of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Why?

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Yes, I do believe in God.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN