Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with young girls, is it just me, or?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is it just me or are little girl dresses all super short. 

DD is 3, 3T pants fit her just fine in length and she isnt super tall (cant remember her last height check # off the top of my head)

But every single 3T dress she owns hits at least 2-3 inches ABOVE her knee, even the "winter"/longsleeve ones. She has to wear leggings with all of them. Grandma just bought her a brand new dress, fits her around just perfect and the belt/sash/ribbon thing hits her torso in the perfect place, but again, SUPER SHORT (IMO) I have to buy her 4t dresses for any resembelence of length.

So, is it just me/us?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM

They are.  I find Gymboree and Land's End are great for getting things that are nice lengths, but some brands seem to think I want my girls with their bums hanging out. 

But, don't get me started on shorts.  My girls pretty much wear capris because just about every brand makes girls shorts barely cover their bums and boys shorts are longer than their knees.  How about they meet in the middle and the shorts end up somewhere around the knees? Thanks that'd be great.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Quoting dawnnamarie: I buy everything for dd at either Gymboree or crazy 8, and length doesn't seem to be an issue

Another downside of living in the sticks, Ive never heard of crazy 8 and would have to shop online for Gymboree. Are they both true to size as far as width goes? Because I might have to check them out. 

cntrdmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Shorts, dresses, and skirts are too short and my kid's really tall and skinny. I have a really hard time finding any clothes for her. Pants seem to be the most difficult though. Usually they put out Bermuda shorts every summer so I buy those. Dresses have pretty much always been impossible with her. Skirts are usually difficult too.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I guess I never really thought about it. We always do shorts or leggings under them. I always try to fine the one that have shorts in them.

lillismom2012
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Mobile Photo

Here's my daughter in a 3t dress ( she's in size 2t clothes) and you can see she still needed shorts under it.

:(

I just don't get it.
Although dd is very tall for her age... 95th percentile. :(
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I have noticed this, lots of leggings.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
They are.. I noticed that when my oldest was a baby.
mcsmom1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I always put little shorts or leggings underneath them. I prefer them above the knee; otherwise when she played, the dress would tend to rip where the fabric would get taunt around the knees.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Mine too. I lose either way lol.

Quoting zeenah:

I think it depends where you shop. But dd has always had to be a size or two bigger because she taller than an average 3 year old at 2.

Chels3
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:05 AM

My DD is only 1 all her's reach her ankles lol I find that super annoying. But There are dressed that the 18 mo size is super short. I just throw bloomers under. Just stick to leggings. I also remember having to wear shorts under my dresses as a girl. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN