Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with young girls, is it just me, or?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is it just me or are little girl dresses all super short. 

DD is 3, 3T pants fit her just fine in length and she isnt super tall (cant remember her last height check # off the top of my head)

But every single 3T dress she owns hits at least 2-3 inches ABOVE her knee, even the "winter"/longsleeve ones. She has to wear leggings with all of them. Grandma just bought her a brand new dress, fits her around just perfect and the belt/sash/ribbon thing hits her torso in the perfect place, but again, SUPER SHORT (IMO) I have to buy her 4t dresses for any resembelence of length.

So, is it just me/us?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Replies (261-270):
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:42 PM
I haven't noticed, but I always put her in leggings or shorts underneath anyway lol. Don't wanna show off the diaper! ;)
hopeym23
by J3 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I agree....they are way too short.

C8linVilla
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:09 PM

not as bad as the little girls shorts Thats insane! Buti agree a lot are not all though

CLG122
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Yep, length is always an issue for me.  I have to really hunt for dresses that are long enough to meet my high standards for modesty.  This year I had to buy my 5 year old, who wears size 5/6 clothes, a 7/8 Easter dress to make it long enough.  Fortunately, it was pink linen with little white dots all over it, so one of her nice collared school uniform blouses wourked PERFECTLY under it to make up for the way-too-low neckline! 

I find it's hard to find classy clothes for kids these days in general.  I am just OVER the dumb sayings and rhinestones and backless dresses.  Yuck. 

Gwennysgramma
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM

We like their stuff too since the dresses are longer and the shirts cover everything.

I had to pick up a dress at Target that would work for easter bunny pictures since everything she had was wintery and it looked more like a long shirt than a dress on my granddaughter and that was buying a size bigger than usual.

It's going to be challenging this fall when she starts school- dresses and skirts only and they must be below knee length of longer. The teacher when we did the tour said they're pretty lenient with the younger grades since the kids grow so fast but still can't be above the knee. I'm seeing lots of jumpers a size too big in her future or I need to brush up my sewing skills.

Quoting dawnnamarie: I buy everything for dd at either Gymboree or crazy 8, and length doesn't seem to be an issue

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:51 PM
I just thought about this today when I put a dress on her. The skirts she has are fine, but the dresses are short.
swishyskirt
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I bet the clothes companies like forcing us moms to buy leggings/tights as well.  The bastards.

ivy801
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Leggins and shorts cut from leggins cause even thr shorts are to short. My kid is short to.
Mrscjones
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Yes they are
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Its because leggings arw "in" and they expect you to wear them with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)