Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms with young girls, is it just me, or?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is it just me or are little girl dresses all super short. 

DD is 3, 3T pants fit her just fine in length and she isnt super tall (cant remember her last height check # off the top of my head)

But every single 3T dress she owns hits at least 2-3 inches ABOVE her knee, even the "winter"/longsleeve ones. She has to wear leggings with all of them. Grandma just bought her a brand new dress, fits her around just perfect and the belt/sash/ribbon thing hits her torso in the perfect place, but again, SUPER SHORT (IMO) I have to buy her 4t dresses for any resembelence of length.

So, is it just me/us?

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Replies (31-40):
Lynette
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM
For the summer I have dd wear bike shorts under all her dresses.
PeachySweet2007
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:11 AM
I agree! My 6 year old wears tights under everything. And shorts are even worse. Last summer I only bought her Bermuda length.
mommyofblueyes
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

And my daughter does wear biker shorts/capri leggings under everything..  Hannah Andersson is great for longer dresses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 girls and I never had that issue, I do make my girls wear shorts under because no matter how much I get on them about dress etiquette they still have their dresses up. Just in line for the Easter bunny my dd lifted hers up to fix her tights. I'm like cmonnnnnn lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM

nope not just you. from little girls all the way up in ages

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends how they are built too I think.  The girls I watch have super short legs but longer torsos and their dresses come to their knees.  However, I think if you have super long legs that simply would not be the case and they would be too short. 

MrsErdos2011
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I think it's a marketing technique. Shorter dresses make you want to buy something to put underneath them therefore making you spend more money at the store.
Hoppers33
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Mine are older now, but we've always had that problem. I'm not even the type of person that minds short stuff (to an extent) but I hated that their underwear showed everytime they moved. I just wanted enough length that you weren't getting a view of princess panties every 2 minutes.
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I haven't noticed that, but dd has insanely short legs and a long torso.

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:18 AM

that would make sense, LOL

Quoting MrsErdos2011: I think it's a marketing technique. Shorter dresses make you want to buy something to put underneath them therefore making you spend more money at the store.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN