Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is a for profit college bad? *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 269 Replies
Well?

-
Went to mccann today and spoke to some one. Ill get an assiocates degree in business. Ill be taking electronic health records. Itll take me about 18-21 months. Itll cost 30g. And have about 15 in loans to pay back because ill have grants. While a student there they will help we get a part time job and after they help build a Proflio and your resume.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lydlou02
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Blinks.

Think about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM
7 moms liked this
Maybe because they're more interested in your money than the quality of what they're teaching?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM
5 moms liked this
They lack the accreditation to switch schools if you need to. They are expensive.
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this

Mostly, because they cost a LOT more than a better education would cost at virtually any state university.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:35 AM
This one I'm going to is better the the non profit. Better classes and teachers.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Maybe because they're more interested in your money than the quality of what they're teaching?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Only costing me 24g

Quoting chalisa0:

Mostly, because they cost a LOT more than a better education would cost at virtually any state university.  

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM
If you needed/wanted to switch schools would the credits transfer?

Quoting Anonymous: This one I'm going to is better the the non profit. Better classes and teachers.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Maybe because they're more interested in your money than the quality of what they're teaching?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Like all businesses, it depends on how it is being run.  If they are expecting you to shell out more for an education, it should be worth it.  If they are milking for every penny ($300 to walk a copy of a form down a hallway fees?) and the education you recieve doesn't give you any edge, it isn't going to be worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Holy fuck

Quoting Anonymous: Only costing me 24g

Quoting chalisa0:

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Apr. 21, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous: They lack the accreditation to switch schools if you need to. They are expensive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)