Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Nuvaring/pregnancy TMI - Well now I have a question.

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM
  • 21 Replies
I posted about forgetting my nuvaring in earlier. Has this happened to anyone before? What are the chances of being pregnant?

I've been researching it but I'm not getting many answers.

I left my ring in for four weeks and three days. (For those who don't know, the ring is three weeks in and one week out. You can leave it in for four weeks but that's the max.)

My SO and I had sex two days ago and yes he did ejaculate.

Do you know anyone who has been in my shoes? Did it result in a pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ja2010
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Sorry nope. Off the birth control but want a baby so bad!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I've been on NR for a few years, came off of it to get pregnant with my two year old, then went back on it after she was born. I haven't had any problems with it. Messed up the timing of it in Oct/Nov. I'm now 6 months pregnant with an unplanned baby ;-) but you very well may be fine
rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:42 AM
How did you mess up the timing? If I can ask that.

Congrats by the way!

Quoting Anonymous: I've been on NR for a few years, came off of it to get pregnant with my two year old, then went back on it after she was born. I haven't had any problems with it. Messed up the timing of it in Oct/Nov. I'm now 6 months pregnant with an unplanned baby ;-) but you very well may be fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I left it in for about four days too long so I took it out until the following Sunday and then put a new one in.

Quoting rvb146: How did you mess up the timing? If I can ask that.

Congrats by the way!

Quoting Anonymous: I've been on NR for a few years, came off of it to get pregnant with my two year old, then went back on it after she was born. I haven't had any problems with it. Messed up the timing of it in Oct/Nov. I'm now 6 months pregnant with an unplanned baby ;-) but you very well may be fine
rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I got pregnant as soon as I took mine out and kept it out. The reason for keeping it in for 3 weeks is to deliver the hormone, then a week out to menstruate. However at four weeks and 3 days I would think it wouldn't be very effective. Use back up BC for the recommended time and follow up with a test if necessary.

rvb146
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Thanks for the help!

Quoting besosfantasies:

I got pregnant as soon as I took mine out and kept it out. The reason for keeping it in for 3 weeks is to deliver the hormone, then a week out to menstruate. However at four weeks and 3 days I would think it wouldn't be very effective. Use back up BC for the recommended time and follow up with a test if necessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN