Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

please help!!!! bed bugs!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
How do I get rid of them?? Im a very clean person and dont know how this happened. I think my kids brought home from school! Ive paid exterminaters and they still come back! Help!!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Spray bottle. Half boiling hot water and the other half bleach. Spray everything. Wash all clothes in the house. Whites with bleach. Colors with color safe bleach
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:27 PM
First off, cleanliness (unfortunately) has nothing to do with it. So don't beat yourself up on that front. It's entirely possible they brought a bug home, but it could've come from anywhere, really.

Second, the only way to get rid of them is to have a professional do it. Call an exterminator right away. They will tell you what needs to be done and schedule a treatment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM

screamingAaaaaggghhh! Good luck.

-PB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I worked as a manager in hotels for over 10 years and I can tell you it has very little to do with cleanliness.  You need to call a professional though.  I wouldn't try to treat that on your own.  They are very hard to get rid of (seriously, its worse than lice or fleas).  Bed bugs can live for up to 6 months without feeding so you think you got rid of them when you really didn't. 

-PB
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:35 PM

If it makes you feel any better, bed bugs don't carry diseases like many other pests.  They are just hugely annoying and hard to get rid of.

GamerMomma2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Be sure to vacuum any surfaces you can as well.

pinkstar729
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum.................and Vacuum again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Throw everything away and start over. Sorry.
pinkstar729
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM

They can live up to 18 months without feeding..... stick out tongue mini

Quoting -PB:

I worked as a manager in hotels for over 10 years and I can tell you it has very little to do with cleanliness.  You need to call a professional though.  I wouldn't try to treat that on your own.  They are very hard to get rid of (seriously, its worse than lice or fleas).  Bed bugs can live for up to 6 months without feeding so you think you got rid of them when you really didn't. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN