Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Going To Live In A Pop Up Camper

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • 330 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yep, I'm the crazy mom who's moving her family into a pop-up.

A lot of women who read my posts said thought that my husband and I were going to not work while we live like this.

Well, to those women, I have to say, "Guess who has a job waiting for her in her new hometown?"

The answer would me "ME!"

Yes. I have a job that is going to be mine when we get up there. And no, FAMILY is not and did not locate this job for me. I found it all by my lonesome!

Yes, I have been out of work for the last four years (I've been a SAHM while DH supported our family), so this is really going to be a change for me, but I am super excited and can't wait to get up there.

DH is excited, too, as he's going to take a month or two and just be a dad while I work before he starts looking, too (he is the type that HATES not working, so I doubt he'll even last a month at home!).

So... yeah.

Now what, girlies?!?!

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sweet! Iwould probably be down with living in a pop up camper. Like camping all the time!
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Okay

caito
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM

Have fun. 

I personally love having an actual home. But if this is your thing, go for it.

suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM
8 moms liked this

You post about this every flicking week! We get it! You are going to live in a camper! 

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Right?

Our plan is to live there until the winter, then buy an RV and live in it through the winter for a little extra warmth.

Quoting kmorales7690: Sweet! Iwould probably be down with living in a pop up camper. Like camping all the time!

Bubbie0809
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Good luck, but I couldn't. But I've also never been inside any type of camper.
caustinb
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM
4 moms liked this
I would not. Ever. I'd rather live with my parents again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I'm not suprised.

Samann818
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:09 PM

Lol good for ya...never ready your old post but it sounds like you got it figured out...But I have to say..lol I've been through two hurricanes  that destroyed my town and my home and I had to live in a big travel trailer and it SUUUUUCKED!!! and growing up we basically lived at the lake camping but...it's aloft different living in one full time with no where to escape to for alone time...we'll except for the little bitty bathroom which you can literally pee shower and wash your hand at the same time...

StacyAl23
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Okay.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)