Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you smoked or still smoke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Did you start smoking the same brand as your parents did?  Most of my friends that started young, started by stealing cigarettes from their parents and sticking to that brand.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM
My parents didn't smoke when I started. I smoked Marlboro reds(gag)
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:24 PM
My parents are not smokers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM
For be most part when I smoked i would get the same brand, because I did take them from my mom when I was younger lol!
KawfeeKathy63
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I started around 10 and I'm 50 now.  I started smoking my moms unfiltered pall malls and smoked those until I was in my 30s then switched to marlboros. 

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM

No, I smoked what my friends had. I did steal a few from my Dad once but he noticed and never did that again. Yuck, when I think about it know.

aurorarosepsych
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM

My parents quit when I was 5 I didnt start until I was 15, and no I didnt smoke the same kind they did.

rescuekim
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I stole cigs from my parents but when I started buying my own, I smoked Marlboro Menthol. Smoked a pack a day of only that brand for nearly 40 years and had my last cigarette 12 weeks and 3 days ago.  I never thought i would or could quit but I did it!  Not that I don't miss it because I do but I haven't cheated one time and I even have an open pack on my kitchen counter - just to remind myself that I could smoke if I wanted to.  I can't believe that I quit!  I'm proud of me.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
My parents were non smokers. I started with Marlboro Reds.
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM

nope.  My parents did not smoke at all  .  I got my own smokes, from age 14 until I was 31.  More people were smokers back then and I was able to buy my own smokes, they did not ask for ID.  I gave it up 18 yrs ago and never went back.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Nope. I hated menthols. I smoked at 16 then "quit" for track season, started again 2 weeks before my 18th birthday and smoked camels until I moved to roll your owns (they were hella cheaper and had less toxins). Then I quit for good in 2012

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)