Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not babysitting your kid.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd called me this afternoon wanting me to watch her ds an extra 4 hours while she picked up half an extra shift at work because her relief called in at the last minute. I told her no I would not watch him because I want to go play cards like I do sometimes on Monday nights and now she's upset with me because she lost out on money and got in trouble with her boss for having to leave. I understand she's a young mom, but I refuse to make sacrifices for her now that she has a kid of her own and it's time for her to make other arrangements now because when her second baby gets here I will not babysit two kids anyway.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Replies (981-984):
Sheila79
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Still doesn't mean she HAS to watch her daughters kids
My mom was mostly absent and shipped me around but I sure don't run to her to be a babysitter like she owes it to me

Quoting Anonymous: She didn't raise her daughter though. She shipped her off to her grandparents at the age of two.

Quoting Sheila79: Idk why everyone is so quick to jump on the mom who already did her job as a parent to be a babysitter for her now grown daughter. I understand having to work and all that but there's also something called don't push your luck and everyone has their own life...if you're gonna work extra then put out a payment or find other options
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 5, 2014 at 7:39 PM
What's your point of resurrecting this dead post?

Quoting Sheila79: Still doesn't mean she HAS to watch her daughters kids
My mom was mostly absent and shipped me around but I sure don't run to her to be a babysitter like she owes it to me

Quoting Anonymous: She didn't raise her daughter though. She shipped her off to her grandparents at the age of two.

Quoting Sheila79: Idk why everyone is so quick to jump on the mom who already did her job as a parent to be a babysitter for her now grown daughter. I understand having to work and all that but there's also something called don't push your luck and everyone has their own life...if you're gonna work extra then put out a payment or find other options
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I can sympathise.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 24, 2014 at 6:47 PM

she raised her daughter. There is no need for her to give up her life to babysit for her grandkids when surprises happen!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)