Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You people need to realize what a fever is!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 385 Replies
30 moms liked this
Seriously stop being dramatic over a 99-102 temp! Unless they have medical issues. Your child doesn't need to go to the ER for that! Taking them to the ER only ensures they will get something worse than they came in with!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountYouTwice
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Agree.

I work in an ER, I laugh in the face of fevers- haha!

Okay just kidding. But really fevers in healthy children can be managed at home. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Thanks! Heck my dd is medically fragile but doesn't get seen until it is above 103

Quoting CountYouTwice:

Agree

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Thank you!

All the ER will do is strip them down, give them meds and send them home. It's not worth $1500.

Learn the warning signs of something serious and only go when those signs are present.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:11 PM
It is rediculous! Schools do not even call the parents until 101

Quoting Anonymous: Agree.

I work in an ER, I laugh in the face of fevers- haha!

Okay just kidding. But really fevers in healthy children can be managed at home. :)
sensual_peaches
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:14 PM
8 moms liked this

If this is a spin off from the woman about whether or not to go to the er it wasnt just a fever. It was a persistent fever woth vomiting. As a nursing student and mom i would take my kid to the urgent care at the very least. The child could be dehydrated and get even worse on top of the fact it was taken rectally which means its higher than you think. 

booaura
by Gold Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:15 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree. I work in the ER, and these parents coming in with a kid who had a 101 temp for an hour, and wasn't given any tylenol, just blows my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Our school district sends a child home at 99 degree "fever". It's ridiculous. My kid could come home any day he wanted... His normal temp is 99.8.

Quoting Anonymous: It is rediculous! Schools do not even call the parents until 101
Quoting Anonymous: Agree. I work in an ER, I laugh in the face of fevers- haha! Okay just kidding. But really fevers in healthy children can be managed at home. :)

teenxmommie2011
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

i agree. Tylenol or Ibuprofen works just fine. now if it doesn't decrease after a while or suddenly increases, THEN it's time to be concerned.

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Seriously!!! I cant stand all the posts of mom's running to the er over this crap when their child has no other concerning symptoms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)