Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he wants to take our son out of the country EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 262 Replies
My husband of 5 years, wants to take our son to Europe for the whole summer.

He works 6 days a week, he hardly spends anytime with him alone.

I am worry that it will be too hard on both of them.

Our child is only 3 years old, and though he loves his Dad, he has ever been gone away from me.

Edit:
Husband is willing to take care of our son for a week here, all alone by himself, as a practice experience on how it will be like, to not have my help around.
His parents are offering to pay my airplane ticket to come along, if money is an issue. They are asking if possible to get off from work, so I can go. I talked to my boss and since I work part time all year around, and I only work full time in the summer: they said NO!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 21, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM
2 moms liked this

without you? and who is in Europe that he wants to take a child that young there?  I would wait another year or two before making that trip when they can remember it and fully enjoy it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:15 AM
6 moms liked this
I would never let my child leave the country without me. I have seen way too much in the media about kids being held in foreign countries by their other parent. Many other countries don't have extradition for custody.
muzzyh
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Go with
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Not unless you never want to see your son again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM
If he's working 6 days a week, what's he going to do with the kid in Europe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM

He will not be able to go without you signing a letter of consent , I do believe.  Why does he want to take child there and not wait for you to go along?

okeydokie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
At 3??? Not happening. Not unless we all went. Besides that, that could cause a lot of issues for the little guy. Separation anxiety, abandonment issues, home sick, etc. Children that age need to have frequent visits with an absent parent. (Example; When DH divorced his ex, the visitation schedule was very often, but shorter visits. As she grew older, the visits got longer, but with more time in between visits.)

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Assuming he's not going to kidnap your son and has child care arranged and a safe place to stay and is a good dad... I'd still say no, that's too long for me to be away from my kid.
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:23 AM

No

CotterpinDoozer
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Wait, he wants to go without you? Does he have family out there? I don't know, that doesn't sit we'll with me, he's only 3, maybe when he's a little older?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)