Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Admitted to the hospital!! *Update*

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:40 AM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I probably should have waited to update :P his doctor JUST came in and said his labs look great and we get to go home tomorrow! !! <3 all we have to do is monitor his kidneys and blood pressure with his pediatrician when we get home :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*update* They're keeping him for another day maybe longer if his potassium levels are elevated :( they gave him medicine for his high blood pressure and it's working great!!! His blood pressure is now down to normal, his echocardiogram was great and his high blood pressure didn't affect his heart.

He will have to be closely monitored for his kidneys though

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My son was born 2 months prematurely and while in the NICU his doctor did the usual labs and it showed his bun and creatinine level were extremely high so they ordered a kidney ultrasound which then showed cysts in both kidneys so they scheduled a follow up appointment that was yesterday.

Well we get there and first the phlebotomist fishes around in my son's arm trying to find the vein and his arm swelled up, got cold and turned purple!!! It took everything in me to keep calm and not yell at her instead I sternly asked her to take the needle out of his arm and do a heel draw.

Then we headed over to radiology to get an ultrasound of his kidneys which showed that the right kidney was only half of the size it's supposed to be and the left is also smaller than it supposed to be but not by much and that both kidneys have more cysts than when we left the NICU 6 weeks ago :(

On top of all that we find out our son has extremely high blood pressure and was admitted for over night observation so now myself, my daughter and my fiance are at the children's hospital 4 hours from home for what could possibly be the next few days :(

My poor little guy has had it so rough since he's been born :(
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peachaz1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM

Mobile Photo

katydid150
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Poor baby!  Sending positive thoughts. 

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Ouch. Poor baby, hope he feels and gets better soon. Hugs momma

peachaz1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:46 AM
Thank you :) I'm seriously on the verge of a nervous break down :(

Quoting katydid150:

Poor baby!  Sending positive thoughts. 

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:46 AM
awe praying for a speedy recovery
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachaz1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Thank you! He's been through so much already and he's not even 3 months old. I don't feel like I'm strong enough to handle any more bad news :(

Quoting bustybee:

peachaz1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Mobile Photo

Big sister is being so patient and understanding through all of this :)
peachaz1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Thank you :)

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: awe praying for a speedy recovery
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM

You can handle it. :) us momma's are meant to be strong for our little ones. Just take each day at a time and don't be afraid to take 5 minutes for yourself every day to relax and think positive thoughts. 

Quoting peachaz1: Thank you! He's been through so much already and he's not even 3 months old. I don't feel like I'm strong enough to handle any more bad news :(
Quoting bustybee:

GarysGirl85
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Hugs and positive energy being sent your way for him!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)