Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cat owners... HELP!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 77 Replies
My cat is 1 yr old, spayed and front declawed. She is a sweet cat. Every single morning though she gets up with the sun and comes in our room and cries until we wake up. Every morning between 5:30-6:30. I have tried squirt bottles, cat nip, toys, food, etc. I don't know what to do! When you wake up she stops. It's like she wants everyone awake. Also if you try to nap during the day she will wake you up. My husband is so annoyed and wants to throw her outside. I love my cat but I'm afraid I will have to get rid of her soon :(

Also yes I am aware that she can not go outside. Which is why she is still inside!
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:51 AM
That's probably exactly what she wants. Lol

Cats think they rule the world
booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Does she have food and water?
asmalltowngirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
2 moms liked this
And if she is declawed, she cannot be outside. She has no way to defend herself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I would sincerely hope that. You wouldn't throw a declawed cat outside.

Was there a reason you declawed her?

Do you play with her in the evenings? Enough to tire her out?

Does she have some kind of apparatus to play on?
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM

This is pretty much what I was going to say.  Also there are groups on here that are devoted to cats.  Try joining one of them.  I got some very good advice when I was trying to litter train a kitten that we took in.  She was a feral cat that was living under our deck.  She is now a house cat and she does the same thing your kitten does.  She will come in and wake me up every morning. 

Quoting Anonymous: I would sincerely hope that. You wouldn't throw a declawed cat outside. Was there a reason you declawed her? Do you play with her in the evenings? Enough to tire her out? Does she have some kind of apparatus to play on?

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:58 AM
I know she can't go outside. That's why she is still inside. She has everything but she still contiues to wake us. I don't want to get rid of her but I will have to if she keeps this up. My husband is getting more angry everyday
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:00 AM
My cat does this and she is almost three. It is attention.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Close your bedroom door at night?  

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Ya she does it everyday when the sun starts to come up. She did thid when I first got her and then stopped for a while but now is doing it even more and louder now. Or she will climb all in our blinds making noise or chews my husbands phone charger. She has chewed through 3 already

Quoting justpeachy71904: My cat does this and she is almost three. It is attention.
AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM
She does it even more if you close the door and is super super loud

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Close your bedroom door at night?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)