Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

2nd Wife Problems! Help MEEEEEEE!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
1 mom liked this

My dh and I have been married for 2 years now. We have a 3 yo dd. He was married before and has two older children that he doesn't see. He recently reunited with all his college buddies so now we hang out with their families all the time. Our kids are all around the same ages so it works out almost perfectly.

Except.

Dh was married to his college sweetheart. His friends were and still are her friends too. She has never stopped hanging out with the group. Now that we hang out with them too, it's incredibly uncomfortable when they talk about "the good old days" and things they used to do together. Or even worse, the way they gush over her, her dh, and the kids. It drives me absolutely crazy.

I feel so out of the loop. The other wives, I feel like, look down on me because I wasn't part of their clique and that Dh only married me because I got pregnant (do the math). Dh also hasn't always been so saintly - he doesn't have a valid excuse for not seeing his first kids or for leaving his ex wife. He was straight up kind of shady to his buddies for a long time as well. The wives play their part to support their hubbies and their boys are just boys; it was like nothing ever happened.

How can I get past this little bump in the road? What if the 1st wife is ever at a party? Ahhhhhgghghghgghh!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:40 AM
6 moms liked this

You need a new social group to hang out with.......

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM
5 moms liked this
The biggest issue is that he doesn't see his kids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Yeah this.

Why doesn't he see them?

Quoting owl0210: The biggest issue is that he doesn't see his kids...
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

you lost me at you married and had a child with a man who has children he doesn't see

ausomezombie2.0
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Yup

Quoting Danesmommy1: Yeah this.

Why doesn't he see them?

Quoting owl0210: The biggest issue is that he doesn't see his kids...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

This. And he's a bit of an asshole if he doesn't have a legitimate reason for not seeing his kids. What's up with that? Doesn't that concern you??

Shady.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need a new social group to hang out with.......

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Waiting for the answer to the obvious question
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this
This. What a loser.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

you lost me at you married and had a child with a man who has children he doesn't see

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll7777
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM

You're over thinking, you are married to him and have a life with him. Don't let what the "group" talks about bother you, don't worry about the "what ifs" cause it's going to drive you crazy, look at the big picture instead of the little annoying details, remember that your doubts are all in your head, talk to your hubby about it and it'll clear the air :)

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Apr. 22, 2014 at 9:47 AM
5 moms liked this

Why would you marry a loser that has no contact with his other children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)