Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex sent my son away from dinner and left him in his room on easter, I'm furious

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1192 Replies
My kids got home from his house this morning and told me this, and I talked about it with him.

Basically, my 10yo daughter said when they sat down to Easter dinner at 3, after church, my 5yo son was restless and cranky. Usually, when he's like that with me, threatening no dessert does the trick. She said he was whining about the food and not liking it, but their step mother is a health nut and the menu sounded gross, my daughter didn't like it either.

My daughter said my ex walked over to my son after he called something gross, leaned into his face and said that if he moved a muscle or said one more rude thing through the rest of dinner, he'd be asked to leave the table until he could "behave like a good kid". My son burst into tears and my ex took him to his room and said that when he could behave, he could come back to the table.

My daughter said my son cried for two hours, and all my ex did was shut the door so they could eat peacefully. When he didn't stop crying, my husband wouldn't let him join the egg hunt, and he cried himself to sleep without dinner. My ex didn't give him his Easter basket and when he came home this morning and his sister had hers, he teared up again and said "I didn't get one, mama".

I called my ex furious but he stood by it and just said "you don't get to tell me what to do with my kids at my house". I'm so heartbroken my son had such a bad holiday that he looked forward to for so long, and that he saw his sister and step siblings get presents while he sat in his room and cried.

This isn't a custody issue and I can't take it to court, but he was so rude to me on the phone and I don't trust him with his "discipline" tactics. Does anyone have any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM
65 moms liked this
That's just cruel. I would make him a basket and say the bunny left it at your house and he hid it in his room
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM
139 moms liked this
Maybe he'll learn how to eat at the table and not be disrespectful. Your daughter didn't like the menu either but she wasn't rude about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
6 moms liked this

Everyone has different ways of discipline.  That is far better than how some parents discipline.   I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but perhaps you and the father/stepmom need to have a chat about it.   Be adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
29 moms liked this
Im siding with dad on this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I already gave him one from me last week, but that's a good idea.

Quoting Anonymous: That's just cruel. I would make him a basket and say the bunny left it at your house and he hid it in his room
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM
32 moms liked this
Well perhaps your son will learn to behave. I agree with your ex. No way do those behaviors get rewarded.
Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM
7 moms liked this

It was cruel and you could have given him a basket, but as he said at his house your son needs to abide by his rules, hopefully your son now knows when Dad says to do something to take it seriously.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM
31 moms liked this
He's 5. I don't expect him to love healthy food or be perfectly polite all the time. Apparently my ex does and will punish like this when he's not a robot.

Quoting Anonymous: Maybe he'll learn how to eat at the table and not be disrespectful. Your daughter didn't like the menu either but she wasn't rude about it.
Momma51714
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM
7 moms liked this
I don't think that was right at all!! I agree make him a basket or something and have a long talk with the father because that would cause a major issue and in ill the court would consider letting your child cry and no dinner, etc could be neglect! I feel very sad for your son
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM
19 moms liked this
Maybe he won't be such a brat next time and eat the food given to him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)