Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I had an abortion and now she is angry.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 380 Replies
2 moms liked this

I had an abortion 2 months ago.  I didn't want to but my body doesn't react well to pregnancy.  Specifically my  heart.   We were being careful I was using Depo.  While I search for a DR willing to tie my tubes despite only having one child and being 24.   

I didn't realize I was pregnant till I collapsed at work I was hospitalized for 3 days.  And the realized I was pegnant.  My cardiologist told me that my body is doing what it did before causing my heart to beat erratically.  So I schedualed an abortion. My husband was working out of town and my doctor told me I needed to do it as soon as possible.  So I asked a really good and close friend to take me and be my ride home.   

I cried through out  the procedure.  Because I would LOVED to have another child.  But my health has to come first.  As well as my family.  They need me too.  

The problem comes from my friend talking about it to a mutual friend.  And she was FURIOUS that I aborted.  That I 'threw away' something she would give anything to have but can't.  So now she is talking bad about me.  calling me a murderer.  Telling everyone about it.   Most of our friends know how much I wanted another child.  how devastating it was for me to find out I couldn't.   And have supported me but.  MY rabidly anti-choice friends have treated me like crap (i'm not calling them pro-life because they AREN'T since MY LIFE doesn't seem to matter).  I was told I should have died.  That my baby deserved to live.  And one even went so far as to go to our preacher.  (who knew about it.  I went to him for counciling after because I was so broken up about it and he thank, God love him, essentially told her to mind her business.) 

WHAT???????  I collapsed and was hospitalized.  I could barely breathe!!! 

I'm pissed that my friend blabbed my personal business.  I'm still dealing with having to terminate my pregnancy and now I am getting snotty glances at my daughters dance class (they have heard I had an abortion) and anytime a large group of us get together.  

How do I deal with this.  I WANT to tell them off but am trying to be less bitchy.

And if the only thing you have to contribute is to call me a murderer or condem me too.  Please don't bother to post or comment.  You have no idea how hard this has all been. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
b1the1change
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM
9 moms liked this
People judge. I'm pro life but always believed in abortion for those who have no choice. I'm sorry for what you're going through
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I'm so sorry. That had to be so difficult for you. ((Hugs))

mommy020608
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM
27 moms liked this
Enlighten them to the reality that had you died during pregnancy, the fetus would have as well. Then point them to the nearest adoption agency and ask them to stop projecting.
abrine7673
by Awesome Possum on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM
I'm sorry
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM
5 moms liked this

Wow. I'm so sorry you had to go though that. Must be heart breaking. I would say tell them off if they actually say something to you. If not, kill them with kindness or completely ignore them. Obviously these people are not your friends if they treat you like this.

TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Aw mama :( I am so sorry you had to go through that.  People will judge no matter what you say unfortunately....

texasma06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I'm sorry. I wish I had some advice but since I don't here's a bump.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I am pro life, I am sorry for your loss, but it sounds like your needed to do what you had to to save your life so that you could be with your child who needs you now. Ignore them, if they keep it up just blow up on them, because you can't keep going through all the snooty glares and comments they will get over it. And find a new target to talk about. Good luck.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:28 PM
6 moms liked this
Tell them off.

Its none of their damn business, and you need to cut the 'friends' who are treating you this way. That's about as much as you can do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 22, 2014 at 3:29 PM

OMG how awful for you!

I think you should talk to your friend and explain how hard this is for you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN