Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My younger daughter is a single Mom and my older daughter won't help her out..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 302 Replies
My older daughter and younger daughter don't get along much. To be honest, my older dd could be described as a bit snobby- earns a lot of money with her boyfriend, they live in a townhouse in an expensive part of the city and are always on trips, at restaurants and out places. I'm happy she's satisfied and loves her life, I just don't personally relate to it.

My younger dd has always been more down to earth. She's had bad luck with guys. Her son is 3 and her and his father recently split after he went to jail. My younger dd is devastated. My older dd knows her nephew, but only through me really, since she and younger dd don't talk- her ex was rude to my older dd, and once playfully grabbed her butt as a joke. Older dd was furious at him, and hasn't spoken to younger dd since she didn't apologize for him.

The problem? My younger dd lost her car in the legal troubles, so she had to move into a public transit accessible house, and transfer to a hospital closer to it (she's a nurse). The problem? She works nights very often, making it hard to find childcare period, and she's in a middle area where she can't really afford childcare but doesn't get help. She called my older dd to ask if he can sleep over two nights a week while she works, since I'm disabled and can't help and her ex doesn't have parents close by. Her response? She laughed, said "you must be joking" and hung up.

When I called back she said "mom, even if I was ever going to do a favor for her, I'm not having a kid over twice a week. There's a reason I don't have them". I tried to convince her more but she wasn't budging and told me to mind my own business, she'd already said no.

I'm just devastated. Devastated my girls hate each other, devastated my daughter is in this position and so scared and confused about what my dd can do.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
38 moms liked this
I'd have a hard time helping her too. It sounds like you make an awful lot of excuses for the younger one.
IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
7 moms liked this

Why are you devastated?
Geez she has a right to refuse having a kid over TWICE A WEEK! She doesn't have her own children why would she have to change her life and routine for someone else's?

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
4 moms liked this
I feel bad for your daughter but im sure most of these women won't have sympathy for her :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aoife_Of_2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
Not your older dds problem becauase she has a life. Leave her be. This post and cm women are going to have fun with you.
cakklove
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:01 AM
5 moms liked this

Well, your older daughter isn't obligated to help but she does sound like a bitch.  I'm sorry :(  Does your younger daughter have any friends who could help?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Sorry.

But it is your older daughters right to not provide child care For her nephew.

You can't force them. You And younger dd should put your heads together and figure out something.
sugieboogieboo
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:02 AM
31 moms liked this
About a month ago, weren't you pissed that odd wouldn't let ydd and the kid move in with her?

Seriously, this isn't your older dd's problem. If you think ydd deserves being bailed out, then you need to pay for a babysitter, not try to force the kid on your older dd.
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Uhhh.. yeah that sucks but she has a point.

Her nephew is not her responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately siblings do not have to help each other and they can be complete jerks to each other.   I would ask around my friends to see if any , that i trusted, could help out.   is there any way she could find a babysitter through one of the websites online like care.com? 2 nights a week from someone who has an actual car should not be too expensive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:04 AM
I don't make excuses for her poor choices, but her ex being sent to jail wasn't her fault, and the fact that her and her sister have never gotten along isn't one sides towards her.

Quoting Anonymous: I'd have a hard time helping her too. It sounds like you make an awful lot of excuses for the younger one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)