Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband gave me the worst gift

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM
  • 310 Replies
7 moms liked this
It's my birthday in June so I guess my husband wanted to give me an early birthday present. He got me a pittbull :( He's about 4 months old. The minute I saw it I said no. This dog is really bad. He barks whenever I'm with the baby because he gets mad I am giving the baby attention and bites at my legs. My husband has given him two baths in one day just to try to get rid of its body odor. But it just has bad body odor naturally. It's sweet how he went out of his way to the shelter to do this for me but it's just not the right time for a needy smelly dog. We have a 7 month old and I am pregnant with our next baby due in December.

While my husband is at work I'd be the one in charge of taking full responsibility for it. And I'm sorry but no thank you. I really don't have the energy to walk it and give it all the attention its demanding for. And I definitely don't have the stomach power to pick up it's poop, wipe up it's pee, and smell its body odor. I have a hard enough time changing our babies diaper without vomiting from morning sickness.

He realized that the dog was a bad idea because it barks too much at the baby, it's smelly, and too much on me. So he returned him back this morning. I never want a dog again lol I hope my actual birthday gift is something that requires less maintenance and doesn't bite. AND NO THE GIFT WAS NOT FOR MY HUSBAND. IT WAS A GIFT FOR ME. HE DOESN'T LIKE DOGS. HE LIKES CATS. IF HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ME A CAT THEN IT WOULD'VE MOST LIKELY BEEN FOR HIM.
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM
52 moms liked this
At least it wasn't a STD.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
7 moms liked this
Get rid of that dog now.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
It's time to get rid of the dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssasmommy412
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:52 AM
18 moms liked this

He didn't get a pitbull for you he got a pitbull for himself. Glad he realized it wasn't a good idea, give him a few helpful hints of what you want. 

danijean
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:53 AM
3 moms liked this
Funnily enough that's what I thought it was going to be as well.

Quoting Anonymous: At least it wasn't a STD.
insanemomof4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this
What was ur hubby thinking? Oh wait he wasn't thinking yeah that's it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernangel1
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I was thinking the same.

Quoting Alyssasmommy412:

He didn't get a pitbull for you he got a pitbull for himself. Glad he realized it wasn't a good idea, give him a few helpful hints of what you want. 

bambismom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you ever say  you wanted a dog?  Do you like dogs?  It's so weird that he would get you that kind of gift unless he knew you really wanted it, and a pitbull, really?  With a baby?  I know there's people that say that pitbulls are nice...yadadyadayada...but you don't know if this one is and sounds like you already don't trust it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:55 AM
I was really shocked that it wasn't, lol.

Quoting danijean: Funnily enough that's what I thought it was going to be as well.

Quoting Anonymous: At least it wasn't a STD.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Let's are definitely something that should be discussed. And while pregnant isn't a good time got a puppy. Bleh. maybe if it was fully potty trained, it would be diverging to consider.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN