Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever known anyone who was kidnapped and/or murdered?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Replies (401-410):
raczac
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:23 PM
If its the one im thinking of my cousin went to school with her.

Quoting Wendi2247: Yes ma'am. Are you familiar with it?

Quoting raczac: Did the murder happen in Georgia?

Quoting Wendi2247: Yes to both.

I was actually kidnapped when I was 4 or 5. My Dad died when I was a year old, in a tragic accident, so my Mom basically fell apart. She ended up in a relationship with this man and we moved across the country with him, from California to South Carolina. This man was crazy! I still have memories of him beating my Mom daily. He used to threAten my Moms coworkers at the daycare where she worked and I attended that they better not try and help her or interfere with the abuse. My Mom finally found someone he didn't know to help her get out. She slowly started packing small quantities of our things and taking them.to this ladies house. When she finally left, not going back, he of.course went ballistic and caused all kinds of chaos. Police were called to the daycare many times. About a week after she left I was on a field trip to the park with my daycare class (same daycare my Mom worked at). This man showed up at the park and told the teacher he was taking me. The teacher knew him and knew what was going on so she told him no. He grabbed her arm and told her that he was taking me.and if she attempted to stop him he would hurt her and the children. So fearing for the other kids safety she let me go. He put me in the car and headed to North Carolina, to his parents his. Meanwhile my Mom was notified, cops were called. My Mom was terrified! 6 hours after he took me they finally got his Mom on the phone and they could hear him screaming in the background that he was never bringing me back. Well as it turns out the sargent at the scene was also the husband of my teacher, my pregnant teacher, who this man had grabbed and threatened to harm. So of course it was now personal. This man was still listed on the paperwork with the daycare as someone who was allowed to pick me up, and he was listed as my Father (I called him Dad) so technically the cops couldn't do anything because my Mom authorized him to get me. But the cop knew i was in danger and he was furious about his wife being threatened. The cop finally got the man on the phone and he informed him that it was his wife he had threatened and he told him that because he crossed state lines this was now going to be considered a federal kidnapping case. The cop, very direct and matter of factly, told the man that he had one hour to bring me back or the feds wouldbe after him. The man told ghim it was over a 2 hour drive. The cop said he didn't care, he had one hour. There are more details that happened after this but to sum it all up the man had his Mom bring me back. I still remember the cop getting me.out of the car and carrying me down the hill to my Mom who was crying hysterically. She and I both wonder how things would have turned out had it not been the.cops wife the man threatened. The cops would have told my Mom that there was nothing they could do because he was listed as my father and a person who can pick me up. Im sure it would have ended horribly.

I won't get into the murders because it's just to much info. The only one I will mention is a recent one. I actually didn't know the victim all that well but I knew the man still awaiting trial for her murder very well. I actually went to middle and highschool with the guy and then we ended up being roommates when I was 16-17. We were all really heavily into drugs back then, he was w pos then. 2 years ago he was arrested and charged for running over and killing his pregnant girlfriend and their unborn baby. He is being charged with both of their deaths. He has aslew of charges, some include murder, feticide, hit and run, driving while intoxicated, and there are more. His trial date keeps getting put off which is really becoming frustrating for everyone.
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:29 PM

A friend of my mothers was murdered. He was robed and beaten to dead and thrown into a well on his property and not found for over a week.

Ironically, years later I married a man and found out the person who was in prison for this crime was once his step brother for a short time years ago

jglasser7682
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:29 PM

The only person I can think of off the top of my head is my little sister's childhood best friend, Megan.

She was 19 when she was killed and it was pretty much accidental (not intended for her) although the guy who's bullet killed her got Second-Degree Murder. The other guy got Negligent Homicide. 

She was at a guys house that she had dated off and on when an ex-boyfriend of hers showed up (I went to high school with him) and got into an argument with the guy she was there with. She was in the house and the guys were arguing outside. Both of them had shotguns and started shooting at each other.

One of the bullets shot through the wall of the house and killed Megan.

Ex-Boyfriends Argue, Girlfriend Ends Up Dead - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Gonzales Woman Killed in Shooting - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Anonymous
by Anonymous 91 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Nope
spunknsass
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ATG499:

Quoting spunknsass:

The entirety of my dad's side of the family believes that my aunt was murdered. She had tried to commit suicide several times but failed, so years later when she was found on her bed with a grocery bag tied around her head and covered in pillows they ruled it a suicide. Her Boyfriend at the time told people that she had asked him to help her kill herself, he claimed he refused to help her. It doesn't stand to reason that her body wouldn't have fought for air, she could have easily taken the pillow and plastic bags off if she was alone.

My close cousin was murdered when she was 14. Long story short, a speeding and sleep deprived driver ran off the road (she was walking on the sidewalk) and killed her in front of her eight year old sister. he was never charged and told me "It was an accident, one I don't even feel guilty for."

When you begin to suffocate, your body goes into fight or flight mode. Had she done it herself, her body would have taken the pillows and plastic bag off even if she wanted to keep them on her head.

Which is exactly what I said, and why we are sure she was murdered or her suicide was assisted.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Apr. 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM
You should check it put during the day, when its all families eating. DF is the sous chef there. :)

Quoting LTryon:

No.. I haven't been out to a bar/club in a loooong time.lol I hate driving downtown too. All the one way streets drive me nuts, and now with all the construction/road repairs down there, they've taken down a lot of the street signs, so it can get confusing.lol

Quoting katemckenzie: Oh yeah that's way close then!
Have you ever been to Stella's Lounge?

Quoting LTryon: He's a RAMP transport driver based at the airport.

Quoting katemckenzie: Oh, where does he work?
I'm actually right at 60th and Eastern.

Quoting LTryon: Comstock Park area. I used to live out in Kentwood (60th & Eastern area). We're going to be looking for a house out that way this summer since it's closer to dh's work.

Quoting katemckenzie: Where in GR are you?

Quoting LTryon: I live in GR too. I remember hearing about this...so sad :( that guy is pure evil.

Quoting Canvas_says:

My high school best friend Rachel Timmerman was murdered by her accused rapist, they never found her baby.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel_Timmerman

Anonymous
by Anonymous 92 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM

i was kidnapped and my mother was murdered

fanci64
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Kidnapped no, murdered yes
KMAsMommy9182
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Not like anyone really close to me.

babyblujems
by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM

It's possible, but my stepsister was 3 years older then me and our parents split either right before or right after she went missing.  I still live in the Warren area though you can PM me if you wanna

Quoting SommelierMom: You and I may know each other. I was friends with her brother.
Quoting babyblujems:

Yup Molly Bish was my big sister's friend

http://www.mollybish.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Molly_Bish

Commins Pond still creeps me out and I don't swim there.  My dad was on the search crew and worked with her dad, her dad would bring probationers to him to do community service and my boyfriend's best friend's dad was the town water guy and he was heavily investigated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN