Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're allergic to WHAT? .... Weird allergies

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM
  • 886 Replies
3 moms liked this

DS is allergic to goats. We found out from taking him to petting zoos. He breaks out in itchy hives as soon as he comes near the goats.

On the upside, ds class is going on a field trip to the Zoo and asked me or dh to chaperone, since they are not allowed to give him a benedryl before the petting zoo.

What are your/your kids weird allergies?

Im allergic to a slew of medications, a preservative found in canned/jarred stuff like salad dressings & tomato sauces (Hunts makes me break out bad), most soaps and deodorants, latex, bananas, some pesticides (found out from eating an unwashed plum) and CATS!!!!

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I don't have weird allergies and so far my kids don't either. Ds is allergic to cats, dogs, mold...dd is showing signs of allergies (blahhh), too, but nothing too strange. My MIL has asthma and can't be around bleach. She can't even smell a hint of perfume and she's sneezing and her eyes are itchy. She has issues with bread and chicken...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imakehimscream
by He screams on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
I'm allergic to compazine, penicillin, red wine and motions shampoo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm allergic to avocados and black cats, no other color.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:21 PM

nothing crazy for me just normal pollen allergies and grass.  My husband is allergic to all tree nuts and each one give him a different reaction, Cashews will kill him.  Our son just has the same pollen allergies as me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Formaldehyde and pine which sucks at Christmas (no real trees) and also can't eat pine nuts which are my favorite
maminka-4
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I am not but my mom has a slew of dietary allergies. No gluten or rice. No eggs. And a few veggies.

And cats!

None of my kids nor my dh have allergies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM

posion ivy and my dh is allergirc to strawberries and oranges my mom is deadly allergic to bee stings and my ydd is allergic to something but they wont give her an allergy test yet but its not food but she breaks out in hivies everyso often not sure what it is yet and we have to wait till aug to find out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Hair spray
uhhnogirl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm allergic to those mesh panties they give you after you have a baby.
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I am allergic to amoxicillin and cherries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)