Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who work full time outside of the home.

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM
  • 69 Replies

I am wondering for those of you with jobs outside of the home, do your husbands split the household duties with you? Like chores, cooking dinner, and taking care of the kids? I worked for about 8 months by choice until I had to quit for pregnancy reasons...this may sound awful but I enjoyed getting out of the house and I kind of miss it and I also got to work along side by best friend so that made it better. But my husband also split all duties with me. I was wondering if it was the same for you all? 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samann818
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:07 PM

BUMP!

Lauren79
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:11 PM

When I was married, NO, my EXH never split any of that with me. My current SO does though. He slacks sometimes and needs reminding that I don't live there alone and shouldn't be the only one doing it all.

Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, my husband is an excellent homemaker. We make a great team!
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM
ETA: he works full-time, too.

Quoting Amberleigh81: Yep, my husband is an excellent homemaker. We make a great team!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:15 PM
Nope but that because there's nothing for him to do. I get it all done before or after work. He does take care of the kids on our weekends while I work.
Samann818
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! I think it should be that way IMO. My husband is in operations..And I'm a full time mommy/wife now..but the days my husbands off he still helps me. I don't expect him to he just does..but lol the things he does do he really doesn't mind doing..he likes cooking and of course he loves spending time with our boys..Now I have to be on my death bed to get him to wash a dish or fold some clothes lol...but he is a good man. Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Amberleigh81: Yep, my husband is an excellent homemaker. We make a great team!

Samann818
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Lol...at least it only takes some reminding.

Quoting Lauren79:

When I was married, NO, my EXH never split any of that with me. My current SO does though. He slacks sometimes and needs reminding that I don't live there alone and shouldn't be the only one doing it all.

100problems-1
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:26 PM
No. He works out of state and is only home on the weekends.
jandj4
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I work 8-3:30 and he works 2-10 so he can't help much w dinner and homework or showers and things but he does clean. Unloads dishes. Vacuum. Bathrooms etc.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM
We did when I worked full time. I just don't think ot should fall on one person when you're both working full time!!
My husband is completely spoiled now:/ he is in for a shock whenever I go back to work! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)