Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm at my wits end.. Update on 5

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Mobile Photo

Hi moms. I need help with nap time. I have a 4 month old little girl, and when she was first born sleep was never an issue. I would set her down at bedtime and she would just drift off. Not a peep or fit. Lately, I dread whenever she gets tired.

For over a month now, whenever she gets tired she screams, throws a huge fit, and it takes so long to get her to sleep. I've tried setting her down before she's tired and she'll hang out for a few minutes, and then start her fit. I also have this weird guilt thing when I set her in her crib/sleeper whenever it's time for a nap.. Like I just feel bad that in not interacting with her. I don't like the thought of her being lonely! I know that's a little ridiculous lol.

She needs physical contact to sleep!! If I'm not at least touching her and I set her down to sleep, she will scream like she's been abandoned. I've worked it out now to where I nurse her, pat her on the back and sway with her, and she'll fall asleep. But as soon as I set her down she wakes up, screams, and we start all over. Rinse and repeat. Sometimes for over an hour.

If I could hold her 24/7 and stare at her little angel face while she sleeps, I would. But I can't (I don't think anyone can do that lol). I have no family here, and my husband works out of town a lot. So i need to get things done. I'm also not really in to CIO

I broke down and cried today because I battled her for 2 hours to get her to sleep and I was already beyond exhausted. This post is all over the place, I'm not only asking for help but I'm venting a little. It's really frustrating. At least she's cute ;) What do I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cantfindu
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM
my daughter had this exact same problem with her baby. the baby is now 2 years old and doesn't take naps anymore. she tried everything and nothing was ever a solution to the problem. this was very hard on my daughter so I can really understand how you feel. I'm sorry I can't suggest anything that would benefit you. just know that this too will pass in time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM

Yikes. Haha! Glad to know it's not just me though. Thank you. 

Quoting cantfindu: my daughter had this exact same problem with her baby. the baby is now 2 years old and doesn't take naps anymore. she tried everything and nothing was ever a solution to the problem. this was very hard on my daughter so I can really understand how you feel. I'm sorry I can't suggest anything that would benefit you. just know that this too will pass in time.

PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Try putting a blanket between you two as you hold her and then when you lay her down it'll be on top of her and transfer your body heat. Less of an abrupt transition. Worked for mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Good idea! Thank you!

Quoting PollyPockette: Try putting a blanket between you two as you hold her and then when you lay her down it'll be on top of her and transfer your body heat. Less of an abrupt transition. Worked for mine.

BOOGIETHEBOOG
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM

What I did I put the shirt that her dad or I worn for awhile in her crib while she slept.  It worked like a charm..

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Moby wrap
PollyPockette
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Yup. She's a good looking kid. Full of curiosity. Keep an eye on her when she's mobile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good idea! Thank you!

Quoting PollyPockette: Try putting a blanket between you two as you hold her and then when you lay her down it'll be on top of her and transfer your body heat. Less of an abrupt transition. Worked for mine.

DesireMM
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM
My daughter did this. It got to the point that the only way I could sleep was if she was on my chest. I finally just had to deal with the crying herself to sleep until she got over it. Which I absolutely hated but I had to break her of it so I could go back to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I'll try that. Thank you!

Quoting BOOGIETHEBOOG:

What I did I put the shirt that her dad or I worn for awhile in her crib while she slept.  It worked like a charm..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

I'm huge on baby wearing! I tried that, but for some reason it just really frustrates her to be worn when she wants to sleep. 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.: Moby wrap

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN