Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mirena? help please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Ive had it for about 2 yrs now and all of a sudden im getting periods. Is this normal? The periods dont bother me ao much as my ovaries hurt all the time the last 2 weeks. Anyone else dealt with this??
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I'm going in to year 2 of my second one and I very rarely get a period. But when I do I seem to notice the cramps more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I had a 10 yr before this one and i never had a problem. This one kills me
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I started to get periods after about 2-2.5 years, and it continued til I had it removed at the 5 year mark.  They were always really light and mild.  I might have used 2-3 tampons during each period, tops.  The reason I had the Mirena in the first place was to alleviate bad periods, so it did its job as far as that was concerned.  Cramping was nonexistent. 

MellowMum330
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:40 PM
I started having cramping & spotting after a couple of years. My doc said the hormone level goes done after that.
rocamom
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I would call your Dr. Do you have a history of cysts on your ovaries? I usually have my period for the first year then is stops until about a year before it's supposed to come out. I'm on my second one.
Kriskash25
by Kristina on Apr. 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM

I experienced cramping always had my period with it they were a little lighter. I had it removed to have another child then got my tubes tied and then NovaSure® Endometrial Ablation done. No more periods it is awesome, only problem now is not knowing when my moody time is it just creeps up on me lol.

MsJoyM
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I had the Mirena for 5 years and my periods stopped after the first few months. My gyn says irregular periods are normal and some people stop having them. I ended up not going another 5 years cause I developed a hemorrhagic cyst on my ovaries that had to be removed. Please be careful and consultant your Doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:00 AM
They are heavy periods . And last about a week n a half.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN