Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you regret having baby #3???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

if you were on the fence about having baby number 3 leaning towards no and then had baby number 3, do you regret it? or are you really happy that you decided to have them?

i am in this position. i dont feel complete with 2 kids, but i am really scared about having another kid for financial reasons, and i am not really a baby person.

i love my to kids sooooooo much i feel like i have so much love to give another kid, i feel like 3 would be complete..but all i can think of now are cons

-all the newborn crying and sleepless nights

-already have 2 healthy kids, do i want to risk having another kid who may not be?

-we would need a bigger car probably and house...but our lease is up in december and we wanted to move anyways

-i can think of 4 different familes that had a third kid and their third kid was the hardest and neediest of them all

so please, just curious, i know most if not everyone sees their kids as a blessing, but honestly, go anon if you need to, do you wish you would have stopped at 2?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:01 PM
No, we were totally excited and trying for #3! I got pregnant faster with #4 and that was the scary one lol I'm 31 weeks now and totally excited! He was planned but I wasn't quite sure at the start. Good luck!!
2littledaisies
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:02 PM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

We debated on it for a year and a half... Hell no I don't regret it. she is awesome. Silly little goofball with an amazing personality. A little gem added to our family :)
2littledaisies
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I'm 9weeks with #4 and still in the.. Oh god I hope I got this! Lol I'm excited but nervous. I got pregnant very fast also

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: No, we were totally excited and trying for #3! I got pregnant faster with #4 and that was the scary one lol I'm 31 weeks now and totally excited! He was planned but I wasn't quite sure at the start. Good luck!!
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I have seven so I can't say I regret having three. I'm 3 of 3. If my parents didnt have me they would have no grandchildren.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary716
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I was on the fence about #3 and to be honest, im really glad I decided against it. 2 kids are perfect. I have a boy and a girl. No more needed lol
Rileyscute
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM
I got 2 and 3 at the same time
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM
When I took the pregnancy test I didn't tell my husband I suspected I was already pregnant and I came out completely horrified! He kept telling me 'this is a good thing, this is what we wanted' lol total shock! But now I can't wait util he's here.
Congratulations on your fourth! How exciting :)

Quoting 2littledaisies: I'm 9weeks with #4 and still in the.. Oh god I hope I got this! Lol I'm excited but nervous. I got pregnant very fast also

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: No, we were totally excited and trying for #3! I got pregnant faster with #4 and that was the scary one lol I'm 31 weeks now and totally excited! He was planned but I wasn't quite sure at the start. Good luck!!
kelbel7
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

My 3rd baby is the best! Sweet, smart, funny! If any of us are having a bad day just a smile from him makes it better! He is so awesome, I'm ready for #4!

Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Oh my gosh!! How adorable!! How old is she? Our third will be 2 in July!

Quoting 2littledaisies:

Mobile Photo

We debated on it for a year and a half... Hell no I don't regret it. she is awesome. Silly little goofball with an amazing personality. A little gem added to our family :)
aCafemomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Yes, and no.

Our third was VERY Unexpected. She is 5 year younger than the boys I had already started getting rid of all the baby stuff. I was DONE With diapers and now we are working on potty training it really feels like we are just starting all over again which i guess we are. 

On the other side the older boys help with her and even started changing her diapers at one point, I love that girl but some days it just would be nice to have a moment to my self instead of chaseing a two year ole around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)