Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

IF you had to choose a car which one would you pick UPDATED

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Which Car?

Options:

2012 Ford Focus SE

2012 Kia Soul Base

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 190

View Results

So I got a car!!!!  IT was neither cars listed, well it is a Kia Sould but it is a 2014!  Never thought I would walk off with a new car!   Plus I got it at a steal.   ONly 200 more then another used car that I was looking at!  I have a 10year/100,000 bumper to bumper and a 10yr/100,000 powertrain warranty.  Along with free oil changes for a year and free car washes for life of my car.    The warranty covers if I am out of town and the car breaks down, then Kia pays for my hotel and my food.  So far I am loving this car.

Focus has 18,000 miles  12 month bumper to bumer warranty

Soul has 10,386 miles   comes with a 10 year/100,000 powertran warranty

Anyone have experience with either car?  How expensive are they when they break down.

There is like a 100 dollar difference in asking price so that really isn't relevant.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
The car I put an offer on and waiting for financing does have the 5/60 bumper to bumper. It's mocha colored. Crossing my fingers!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: True but many times, if it has the 10/100 power train, it also has the 5/60 bumper to bumper instead of the lower 3/36 that Chevy & Ford do.

Quoting chalisa0:

It's a 10 year "Powertrain" warranty.  Those mean nothing.  Powertrains almost never give out.  

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I don't particularly like the way Souls look but I'll take a ten year warranty over a one year any day. Just make sure that's transferable. I'd want that in writing. I would think it's 10/100 from the original sale date when it was sold new so you would have about 8 years left which is still way better than the Focus.

HAHuskey
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM
I like fords but, the soul has less miles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Def the soul. Their warranty is awesome. Fords generally have a deductible, kia doesn't. If it is covered under the warranty you don't pay anything.

I have a 2011 soul and love it.
HAHuskey
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM
If you have the option go for a Mazda their average life expectancy is about 300,000 miles with just simple tuneups; like oil changes, changing plugs and wires, and new batteries and tires.
ivy801
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Ford's Focus gas gusler, they claim otherwise but full of poop. Ford might be cheaper in parts compare to the other? Not to sure, hubby went to work all ready.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Fingers crossed!

Quoting Anonymous: The car I put an offer on and waiting for financing does have the 5/60 bumper to bumper. It's mocha colored. Crossing my fingers!

Quoting bluebunnybabe: True but many times, if it has the 10/100 power train, it also has the 5/60 bumper to bumper instead of the lower 3/36 that Chevy & Ford do.

Quoting chalisa0:

It's a 10 year "Powertrain" warranty.  Those mean nothing.  Powertrains almost never give out.  

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I don't particularly like the way Souls look but I'll take a ten year warranty over a one year any day. Just make sure that's transferable. I'd want that in writing. I would think it's 10/100 from the original sale date when it was sold new so you would have about 8 years left which is still way better than the Focus.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 26, 2014 at 9:55 AM
It also has only 8000 miles.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Fingers crossed!

Quoting Anonymous: The car I put an offer on and waiting for financing does have the 5/60 bumper to bumper. It's mocha colored. Crossing my fingers!

Quoting chalisa0:

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Nice! That gives you the remainder of the 5/60 warranty. Was it the 2012? The warranty goes from the first time it was sold new so if it was sold December 2012, that would give you until December 2017 or when the odometer hits 60K. We always hit the mileage way before the five years. Lol

Quoting Anonymous: It also has only 8000 miles.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Fingers crossed!

Quoting chalisa0:

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:13 AM

okay you do know bumper to bumper warranty doesn't actually mean that right? that doesn't mean it covers everything

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I would go with the ford focus. I have a ford now and love it ( not a focus). Both are to small for me but i like the Focus much better then the Soul.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN