Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who has the brattiest kids?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Who raises the brattiest kids or kids with the most problems?

Options:

SAHM

Working Mom

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
It goes both ways. I've seen horror stories from either side.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM

I wanted to do a poll just for the hell of it

Quoting prettymomma1204: It goes both ways. I've seen horror stories from either side.

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Dogs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph84FL
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Who knows. I don't know enough of each to make an opinion
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:30 AM
And now I'm feeling torn between the 2 choices...When I should be sleeping!

Quoting thetrollcat:

I wanted to do a poll just for the hell of it

Quoting prettymomma1204: It goes both ways. I've seen horror stories from either side.

inspain
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:32 AM

The brattiest kids I've ever met are the children of a working couple.  The parents work twelve hours a day, most days and the girls are the most obnoxious, rude, hateful little monsters I've ever met.  

That's not to say I haven't met some really awful brats whose moms stayed at home.  But, I have to say, now that I think about it...for the most part...yeah, the really bad ones have been the children of parents who both worked.  

I know in the case of the two girls I mentioned, the parents are controlled by their guilt about spending so little time with their kids.  But it doesn't stop them from using a nanny most Saturdays...

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:33 AM

My experience is the SAHM kids are damn clingy, whiny and co dependent. Not all but a lot are....

Quoting inspain:

The brattiest kids I've ever met are the children of a working parents.  The parents work twelve hours a day, most days and the girls are the most obnoxious, rude, hateful little monsters I've ever met.  

That's not to say I haven't met some really awful brats whose moms stayed at home.  But, I have to say, now that I think about it...for the most part...yeah, the really bad ones have been the children of parents who both worked.  

I know in the case of the two girls I mentioned, the parents are controlled by their guilt about spending so little time with their kids.  But it doesn't stop them from using a nanny most Saturdays...

inspain
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I know two families of kids who are like that.  But, guess what they have in common?  Stay at home DADS.  LOL.  Great guys, but I swear those kids whine and cry so freaking much I just can't stand to be around them.  They're not neglected in the least, they're insanely coddled!

Quoting thetrollcat:

My experience is the SAHM kids are damn clingy, whiny and co dependent. Not all but a lot are....

Quoting inspain:

The brattiest kids I've ever met are the children of a working parents.  The parents work twelve hours a day, most days and the girls are the most obnoxious, rude, hateful little monsters I've ever met.  

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:37 AM

I don't think it can be generalized like that.  The brattiest kid I know at school has working parents.  He acts horrible and then says "My parents are lawyers.  What are you going to do?"  Outside of school, the brattiest kid I know has a stay at home mom.  She's dependent, whiny, and thinks the sun shines out of her butt.  

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:39 AM

I think both are capable of being assholes. I think the kids with the biggest problems are the ones who have parents that don't care enough to be present in the moment with them when they are with them, even if it's just for a short time between shifts. The ones that are too busy on their phones at the park to look over at their kid, who is calling to them, or the ones that come home and ignore their kids for the TV because they are too tired to ask about their child's day. Both working moms and SAHMs are more than capable of this type of behavior.

Don't get me wrong, I take my share of me-time, but I also make sure that I'm available to my children when I am home with them or out with them.

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)