Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's bring your kid to work day!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:57 AM
  • 18 Replies

Mobile Photo

Well, at least it is for me. Something my company does every year, we have a huge cook out and the kids have a ton of activities to do.
Later in the afternoon, the kids come and shadow you on the job, it is a great learning experience for them. Does your company do anything like this?

Update!
He is having a blast! Here is is a a pic of them tasting virgin wine (grape juice). I work for a wine and liquor distributor, so...yeah.
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kodysmommy928
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:01 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:12 AM
No. They don't do anything for the employees at my office that might remotely smack of "fun."
MommaCyn296
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM

I found out yesterday! With HS students it seems like they are excluded from this. But I always took her with me when she was in elementary and ms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM

i always went with my mom when i was young, but i work overnight shifts and DD would never be able to stay awake LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Aww, that sounds fun. I work at a school so we never do this. It is great to work at a place that feels like a family away from home though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:22 AM

my kids can come to work with me anytime they want, my boss doesnt care. In fact my dd 14 is planning a pool party over the summer and my work,lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:24 AM

Nope. DH wouldn't take them to work even if his company did do that.

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM
No they don't it would be a Hippa violation and I really don't think my kiddos would want to listen to others telling me about their abuse. They'd be traumatized. However my 6 year old thinks I sit at a computer all day and typing is my job lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I get to bring mine to work anytime I want, there are times they spend two days there with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:27 AM
My husband's company does it but there are limited spaces so they can't go this year. It's a lot of fun too, cookouts and games.

I'm a SAHM so every day is take my kids to work day. I could go for a "turf the kids out and work in peace" day however ;-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)