Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL doesn't understand why she is being kicked out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 632 Replies
7 moms liked this
MIL lives with us but only until July when SIL moves in town and MIL will move in with her. Because her medical issues prevent her from working more then part time and she spends so much on medical, she doesn't contribute at all to the household bills. On Easter, me, DH and the kids went to my mom's house after church. MIL was invited but didn't want to go. SIL is in town with her family for a job interview and were staying with her in laws so mil said they were going to do something together. So we were gone from 10 am when we left for church till about 6 pm. We came home to find MIL throwing a party in OUR HOUSE for SIL, her family, in laws and several of MILs friends. To make matters worse, she used our food. She cooked a huge roast that was $55 and I had planned on cutting it into 4 and making 4 meals plus leftovers. She used an entire box of Busqick and bag of cheddar cheese to make cheddar biscuits, 15 pounds of potatoes for mashed potatoes, several pounds of shrimp, as well as all our fruit ($30 worth) for a fruit salad, all the green beans and our salad. She also used a lot of milk, butter, cream and things like that. It was easily enough for 7-8 dinners for our family (plus lunch for dh at work).plus I bought 10 bottles of my favorite wine (it was on sale and I got a discount for buying at least 10 so wine that would be about $20 a bottle ended up being $9 and would have lasted at least 2 months). She served every bottle!!!!!!! To make matters worse she had the nerve to use my good China and Crystal my grandmas gave me as wedding gifts. She also left my kitchen a mess. I was speechless when I walked in but DH was not. He told everyone to leave immediately and started yelling at mother in law the second everyone left. He told her that she has some nerve inviting people and our home without permission and even more so that she tried to hide it from us because obviously she's been planning this. we went in our room and talked about it and decided that we would ask her to clean up the entire house spotless and pay for everything she used. and then after telling her that from now on she needs ask permission to have company in our home we would drop it. well we went back out to talk to her and told her what we would like her to do and she started screaming at us about how dare we embarrass her in front of her guests and that we should be apologizing to her and while she's living here this should be her home too and she should be able to have guests and use anything in home. he also pointed out that we do well financially and it would not hurt I have to go buy more food. Well we do ok financially but the party that she threw probably cost over 200 dollars in food and wine that's a lot. I also explained to her that while we are nice enough to let her stay with us this is our home and she does not have the right to anything in my home she also doesn't have the right to invite people to our home. she walked up to me and spit in my face and called me a disrespectful C-U-N-T. DH told her that since she is being disrespectful and she's not willing to do what we ask she has 30 days to move out. Monday morning he drew up paperwork stating this and had it notarized and taped that her bedroom door. because we know that she is entitled to a 30 day notice or could sue us we are giving her the 30 days. However we told her that she's welcome to the bedroom and bathroom we are letting her stay in and she's not welcome to any other part of the house and she needs to buy her own food. her bedroom has French doors that lead to the backyard so she can leave that way.we also put a lock on her bedroom door like you would have on your front door but the key part is facing on her side so this way we can ensure she doesn't come in the rest of the house. As I said she has a door and 2 Windows in her room and bathroom so she can easily go out that way. this thing is she still doesn't understand that what she did was wrong. She thinks that we're being nasty for no reason and resorted to bitching about on Facebook. Of course then I change the internet password and disconnected her so now she won't be able to use the Internet. I also took the satellite box out of her room. I am so furious with her I just want her out of my house
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:43 PM
sorry there are no paragraphs and for any errors I'm on mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Paragraphs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM
12 moms liked this

holy shit how did you last that long with her she sounds like a horrible person

megshepherd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM
8 moms liked this
Yikes! I thought my ex mil was bad!!! Hopefully these next 30 days goes by quickly for you guys!
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't blame you. I hope she leaves with no problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM
Quoting Danesmommy1: Paragraphs?
as I said in the first comment I'm on mobile and cannot do paragraphs. Sorry
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:48 PM
4 moms liked this

Way too long with no paragraphs and the text is too small. I'm sorry, I can't read this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

holy shit how did you last that long with her she sounds like a horrible person

she's only been with us a couple of months but its been a long couple of months. However I will say it while she has done some annoying things this is definitely the worst
rebeccarae
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM
15 moms liked this
Oh absolutely hell no! You're being way better about it then i would.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 24, 2014 at 5:50 PM
7 moms liked this
You are being bitchy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)