Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An ex cafemomer might be my new BFF

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM
  • 90 Replies
11 moms liked this

Background

About 2-3 years, and 2 screen names ago, I replied to a post about a mother worried because her husband's son was beating up her daughter while she was pregnant (it was actually one of the 1st posts I have ever replied to). In true CM fashion they bashed her for wanting to protect her child, and unborn, and one person actually stalked her from group to group over it. Anyway. I was probably the only one NOT bashing her; so we became friends over the internet (messaging..sending pics back and forth and so on). She was the 1st person to know my daughter's story and one of the only people that I sent pics of myself and kids to. One day, after she had her baby, she either deleted her account because of the bashing, or got reported for speaking bad of her husband's son. Either way. She was gone and I always wondered what happened to her.  I swore I saw her daughter in a store once but I wasn't sure. 

Well yesterday I was in Walbaums shopping and I saw the same little girl I saw before. Only I saw the mom too. I went up to her and asked her if she'd ever been on Cafemom and she said yes. I told her who I was and she instantly hugged me and made it clear that she was who I thought she was. I told her that I always remember her story because it was so close to my daughter's. She told me that the son is in a city run facility now, and she considers things back to normal. They recently moved about 15 minutes away from me. She has the prettiest little baby (well she's 2 1/2 so not really a baby) ever (like seriously, this kid even cries in a cute way).  Her older daughter is about the same age as my kids so on Saturday we are all going to the Auto Show together to catch up.  We've been texting all day about our marriages, kids, families, and pets.  This chick is kind of awesome. 

and that's it. That's my "confession" of the day. 

Bash away anons. Its not like I'm going to read it. 

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM

BUMP!

supreme_queen
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:44 PM
That's awesome
monkeydance
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM
That is awesome!
jjlovesyou
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:46 PM
That's neat! :)
rhope4
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
I think it is great when people can hit it off irl as well as they do online!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I thought so too.  I was like "This is so cool...I never meet cool people from the internet"

Quoting supreme_queen: That's awesome

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Cool :)
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Aww, that's cool!  :)

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Me too. It's kind of rare.  

Quoting rhope4: I think it is great when people can hit it off irl as well as they do online!

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:48 PM
One time I was Outback waiting for my table and I was on CM. Some lady came up from behind me and asked if I was on Cafemom. I said yeah and she said "That site ruined my life" and stalked off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN