Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am now glad my niece is GONE!

Posted by   + Show Post

So she turned seventeen last Saturday and three days before that she snuck out the effing window, told people we kicked her out and shit hit the fan. After reading her phone I discovered she had a lot of dark things going on (two lives). From having fuck buddies, her mom calling her out of school to meet with fuck buddies, random guys she texts to to gain sympathy or attention, hating on my family, having nothing nice tos ay about my family, lying, sneaking, getting and taking ritalin from someone at school, smoking pot during lunch, sneaking around with guys around the house, in her room... oh it goes on and on. Then my eight year old told me that on the few days they had no school hubby and I both work (I work only mornings) but when she was asked to watch the eight year old for a few hours I guess she took off got back before one of us did. She was also smoking in the bedroom. How the hell did we not smell that?

Ya, as much as I wanted to help her, all the shit she pulled, the lies she told the betrayal and no intentions of even caring Im glad she is gone.

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I dont know what all your neice has been through but at some point she is going to have to accept responsibility for her actions and stop blaming others for her issues and problems and stop using it as her own personal crutch to do what she does. You cant help her until she hits rock bottom and even then she still has to want the help. I respect you for not washing your hands completely of her but I still dont blame you for never wanting to re-open your home to her on a semi permament basis.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I confess that was my first reaction. After talking to her counselor and the school they have talked me out of being that bitter.... Im still mad and they understand. Im not one that holds extreme grudges but Im also not going to go out of my way and pretend either. I wont just forget either LOL.

Time will tell. I told mother if the time comes she is in grave danger or something Ill give her a TEMP place to stay until she goes to a shelter or whatever but never agian will I give her the same opportunity she just turned down.

Quoting SitaStJames:

I guess I would be a horrible person when I say that she would no longer be my neice. I would not claim her as family at all. That isnt someone I would want others to know was related to me and my children. I dont blame you one bit.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:47 AM

yikes well at least my niece didnt steal financially thank pugs for that but I wouldnt take that chance she might. Like my niece sometimes you gotta let em fall... Sometimes its just best to let them suffer. The only way Id take her in is if she was in danger or so ya know. It would have to be extremely serious. But ya, they get in a jam and run... Well I say keep running!

Quoting Anonymous: Oh yeah, I have been there. The year before we got married, my husband's ds18 came to live with us. What a fuckin nightmare. Not bad like your niece, but disrespectful, anti-social, wouldn't help around the house, fought us on every little thing, etc... We're in an apartment and saving for a house here expected us to just up and move to a bigger place because he had to share a room with ds13. Well he took off and went back to his home state because we wouldn't move, leaving all his stuff (I did the world's biggest happy dance, because it was affecting our relationship) and the fucker expected us to ship it to him! A mattress, weights, Xbox, plasma TV...HAHAHA! DH made him make the 16 hour round trip to get it. Plus, he walked away from a GOOD JOB that dh got for him, 30k/yr with benefits, and joked about it on Facebook. After he left we found out that he'd used my debit card (how did he get the number?!) to play WoW. Also we don't use the computer often so I use a Cricket USB and activate it when I need to...well he took it and changed the registration to his name and somehow arranged to have it billed to him, but never paid it, so when I went to reactivate it, I couldn't, I had to buy a new one. He didn't pay his car insurance so we keep getting collections notices, as well as bank overdraft notices. He never changed his address which is how we found out he got popped for Minor in Possession. He told dh he paid the fine...he didn't. Just got the notice that his license is suspended. Now he's begging to come back here and dh said NO WAY.

purplerobin
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM

ah, well, it was a thought. lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

her shit is gone so she wont be back. She tried to tell people she was scared of us. What the hell ever.

Quoting purplerobin:

Videotape her tantrum and the police hauling her off and post it!!! muahaha!!!!!!!!

Quoting thetrollcat:

she still has the house keys. Little does she know hubby changed the locks LOL

Quoting purplerobin:

Yikes, what a nightmare. Make sure she has no way back in your house!

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Ugh what a little shit. Hope she gets it together.
beethann
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM
How do you not know?! And I'm not saying that to judge you, this fucking scares me! I have all little kids and just couldn't imagine not knowing, so how do you prevent it? Yikes!
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:49 AM

thats what I told my family. She wont change because she keeps running. Why change when someone will take her in? I really wanted to give her a full opportunity because she didnt have the best situations and support. It is obvious she has an attitude, very angry and bitter and I undertstand that, but she was really hating on me for telling her its time she stop acting like a child and start owning up to her behaviors. She is DEPENDENT on people feeling sorry for her and using her up bringing as an excuse for her shitty behaviors and actions. I simply was getting tired of it and telling her, it ends now. That didnt fly... Oh well.

She is now out of places to run if things dont work out with her mom.

Quoting SitaStJames:

I dont know what all your neice has been through but at some point she is going to have to accept responsibility for her actions and stop blaming others for her issues and problems and stop using it as her own personal crutch to do what she does. You cant help her until she hits rock bottom and even then she still has to want the help. I respect you for not washing your hands completely of her but I still dont blame you for never wanting to re-open your home to her on a semi permament basis.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I confess that was my first reaction. After talking to her counselor and the school they have talked me out of being that bitter.... Im still mad and they understand. Im not one that holds extreme grudges but Im also not going to go out of my way and pretend either. I wont just forget either LOL.

Time will tell. I told mother if the time comes she is in grave danger or something Ill give her a TEMP place to stay until she goes to a shelter or whatever but never agian will I give her the same opportunity she just turned down.

Quoting SitaStJames:

I guess I would be a horrible person when I say that she would no longer be my neice. I would not claim her as family at all. That isnt someone I would want others to know was related to me and my children. I dont blame you one bit.

monkeymommy325
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
When I read the title I was like... That's not cool. But after reading all of that, I totally understand it. My younger sister is far worse than this and my mom put up with it for far too long...

Quoting Anonymous: I was ready to say something snarky to you honestly, but after reading that? I'd like to offer you a hug. I hope to God she gets on the right path before she gets knocked up, addicted to hard drugs, ends up with a abusive boy, or all of the above.

Prayers/good thoughts are going out to you and your family.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM

Well, when she lived with her dad (my brother) he was telling us she was skipping school, doing drugs, having sex... So we kina knew she was having issues. He is in another city two hours away. He sent her here to my mom hoping to start over ya know new school, new friends and get her life on track. Well she just found the same group of people she had where she was from. So my mom was unable to hanle her sent her to her mom who at the time claimed she got her shit together. Well that wasnt true, was giving my niece pot, letting her have boys sleep over (My niece was 15/16 years old fur pugs sakes) who the fuck does that shit? Anyhow so she ended up in rehab and the state stepped in. I was then involved asked to take her in and give her a stable home which I did.... I was aware she had problems we took precaution as much as we could without being over bearing. I admit she was EXCELLENT at sneaking and lying but I have always suspected things were not as GOOD as she was making it sound so I started tapping into her business.

I started taking her phone away when she got home told her it has to be earned back by changing her attitude (the drugs were making her very aggressive and moody). She snuck out and told the school we kicked her out. Well I still had her phone so I decided to read her phone find out what all was going on. That is when I learned all this shit. I was shocked blown away, just wow, overwhelming.

Sad thing is she sees nothing wrong with half of what she is doing.

Quoting beethann: How do you not know?! And I'm not saying that to judge you, this fucking scares me! I have all little kids and just couldn't imagine not knowing, so how do you prevent it? Yikes!

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:54 AM

When has her mom really ever been there for her? You'd think she would have figured that out by now. How many times does she have to fall on her face to realize that? Maybe she'll finally learn this time and again maybe not. :-/

Quoting thetrollcat:

thats what I told my family. She wont change because she keeps running. Why change when someone will take her in? I really wanted to give her a full opportunity because she didnt have the best situations and support. It is obvious she has an attitude, very angry and bitter and I undertstand that, but she was really hating on me for telling her its time she stop acting like a child and start owning up to her behaviors. She is DEPENDENT on people feeling sorry for her and using her up bringing as an excuse for her shitty behaviors and actions. I simply was getting tired of it and telling her, it ends now. That didnt fly... Oh well.

Quoting SitaStJames:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting SitaStJames:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:59 AM

ya I know and the funny thing is everyone is mad at my brother (and there are reasons to be mad at him he totally disowed her after this last incident before moving in with me but slowly regaining his faith well that went to shit) but it was HER MOM that was fucking dumping her off since she was a baby! My brother was in the army and in Iraq two years and over seas overall four years. By the time he got back she was about eight I think and he took her in and she been with him until she was fourteen shit went bad she was with my mom...

So ya I dunno... Her mom always betrays her and she keeps going right back. Let us not forget her mom is crazy as well.

Quoting SitaStJames:

When has her mom really ever been there for her? You'd think she would have figured that out by now. How many times does she have to fall on her face to realize that? Maybe she'll finally learn this time and again maybe not. :-/

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting SitaStJames:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting SitaStJames:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)