Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What breed do you think this dog is??

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM
  • 45 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I've always wondered what kind of dog my Danny boy is mixed with. The first 2 pics are my pup. DTonight I ran across a last picture and read that it's a Black and Tan coonhound mix, it's my Danny dog!!
It makes since too he has that hound dog baying bark and he's my mighty mighty hunter. He catches gophers and mice all the time.
He must be mixed with a small terrier type dog because he's pretty small. Any how what do you think does he have coon hound in him?

I found a picture that shows his size better.
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ManicVetTech
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I think German Shepherd is a good guess for a mix, based off some coloring. However, he could easily have some hound in him. He doesn't look like he has coon hound ears, at least not from the pics. 

Hound, shepherd mix maybe? How big is he? 

monkeymommy325
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Maybe coon hound /lab? I see some lab in his face.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I've always wondered what kind of dog my Danny boy is mixed with. The first 2 pics are my pup. DTonight I ran across the last picture and read that it's a Black and Tan coonhound mix, it's my Danny dog!!
It makes since too he has that hound dog baying bark and he's my mighty mighty hunter. He catches gophers and mice all the time.
He must be mixed with a small terrier type dog because he's pretty small. Any how what do you think does he have coon hound in him?
MomNCombatBoots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Looks like my first dog! She had same face and coloring! She had more of a howl for a bark. Or baying maybe is more correct. She was half coonhound (same face ears and colors of your dog) but a shepherds body
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:07 AM

Large

monkeymommy325
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM
He does have that Shepard hair, but she said he was smaller....

Quoting ManicVetTech:

I think German Shepherd is a good guess for a mix, based off some coloring. However, he could easily have some hound in him. He doesn't look like he has coon hound ears, at least not from the pics. 

krissy920
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM

mo c;lue but i wanna kiss its  nose it looks so cute

Blooming_Lotus
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Beagle mix.

ManicVetTech
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM

Could be a shepherd/beagle mix even. It is hard to judge his size from the photos, there is nothing to compare him too! LOL> 

Quoting monkeymommy325: He does have that Shepard hair, but she said he was smaller....
Quoting ManicVetTech:

baby development

JustMeKat
When someone sings her own praises, She always gets the tune too high. ~Mary H. Waldrip
Yesterday at 9:39 PM
by Kat on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Shepard/Beagle

monkeymommy325
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM
Agreed! I thought lab maybe, but when I look closely, I don't see it. They are tough pics to tell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)