Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're a SAHM, have you ever been bashed by a working mom IRL? or vice versa?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

i was tonight. Actually, laughed at. Even though we were raised with a SAHM until we went to school. 

I provide the best life for my kid that I can. She's always telling me she wished she had put her kids in the same activities I put mine in. 

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Only on here. In real life, no....not one of the moms I know bash other moms for either working or staying home.

deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Yes a bitch I cant stand was saying shit about me being a sahm on fb ...just out of nowhere
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Nope. Can't say I have.
AmandH0611
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM
Never in person. Seen it a lot on here though.
booaura
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
I work part time, 2 days a week. I've gotten crap from both sides, that I'm not a good mom because I work at all, that I'm not a good mom because I don't work full time.
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Only here. I don't raise my kid, I prioritize money over her, blah blah.

I didn't even know this debate existed until CM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
I've only seen it here.
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:45 AM
2 moms liked this

In real life....never "bashed" though occasionally rude comments were made over the years.  On CM...sure, bashing. People who do anything differently than you is a favorite past time for many on CM.

Thugh I have never cared if other people have a problem with me being a SAHM.  It is what DH and I want and feel strongly about.   We never asked for other people's opinions....nor do we care what others think.

JBiiirdD
by No Day but Today on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:45 AM
Yep, a family member and high school acquaintance, whose opinion didn't really matter.
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:20 AM
Not bashed, but just suggestions that I shouldn't go back to work right after my kids were born. I wasn't upset, that was just what she thought was right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)