Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is anyone else's facebook filled with this?!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM
  • 22 Replies

I despise those chain- letter type statuses, you know, where everyone tags people and you're supposed to repost with your answers or whatever. But none of them can beat what's popping up all over my newsfeed today. Lately its been the "tag and tell your birth story game". This isn't just date, weight, and time statuses....these women are going allllll out. Telling facebook world about their bloody show, how many times the doctor had to check them, a play by play of their dilation progress.....everything. Don't get me wrong, I love a good round of birth stories shared between friends, but these women are tagging left and right so complete strangers tales of their "bright red bloody show" are showing up in my news feed and the feeds of every friend of everyone they tagged. I don't know if they realize this or not.......but I know that my dad's high school math teacher's brother *probably* does not want to know about or care about your birth story that happened 7.5 years ago. Yesterday I was tagged in a cousin's status about her story, which led to about a gazzilion comments about how her "asshole boyfriend" went missing and she almost pushed the baby out on the side of the road at a fair. Really?!?! Swear to goodness nothing is private anymore lol! Anyone else's facebook filled with this? I guess I'll be going facebook-free for the rest of the day....I've never used my "stop notifications" button so much until last night lol.

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No i havent had that on my fb, but it just shows how immature many people are.

mitty75
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

No, I have not had that on mine, but seriously, like I am suppose to remember EVERYTHING that happened with 3 births!

Jozemom
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
No, but I would definitely not reply. Birth stories are great for mom to mom groups, as a way to compare and encourage, but my dad's boss doesn't need to know I pooped while pushing (and I guess neither did you guys, but you get the point)
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Right?! Lol. I have no idea how they even remember all those little details. They're like "at 12:57 the doctor reached up and checked me and I was 4.5 centimeters dilated". Seriously. I can give you the dates and the weight and around what time of the day, but for anything else I'll have to consult my records haha!

Quoting mitty75:

No, I have not had that on mine, but seriously, like I am suppose to remember EVERYTHING that happened with 3 births!

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM

Exactly! 

Quoting Jozemom: No, but I would definitely not reply. Birth stories are great for mom to mom groups, as a way to compare and encourage, but my dad's boss doesn't need to know I pooped while pushing (and I guess neither did you guys, but you get the point)

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:55 AM
No, no one has done that on my fb.
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Wow, no that isn't going around on my FB, but I have a few that probably would go all out with it. Ugh. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Thankfully I haven't been seeing any of that!!

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Then I'm wishing you the best of luck that it doesn't hit your newsfeed.....extra fingers crossed that you don't start coming across it while eating LOL!

Quoting sheena696:

Wow, no that isn't going around on my FB, but I have a few that probably would go all out with it. Ugh. 

Sara-1989
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I actually just posted my birth story yesterday. It wasn't extremely detailed though. People asked, because they knew I was going good for a VBAC.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN