Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do they Call it 'Alternative Medicine'?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
2 moms liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Because big pharma isn't making money on people using them. 

And because they ARE an alternative to the chemical bullshit. 

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Because its not supported by science a lot of the time we understand so much more now than we did back then
lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Very true
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM
What she said
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Because it's an alternative to what we commonly use.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM

so then for thousands of years these alternative treatments have been used, and now all of a sudden in the last 100yrs, they're not trustworthy because someone who wanted to make money off his own invention said so??  

Quoting babie113: Because its not supported by science a lot of the time we understand so much more now than we did back then

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:52 AM
No because science has proved its not effective .some of it is .the drugs you see today have come from nature to but with much more study and scrutiny.

I find America weird though its the only place ive lived with adds for drugs ...thats just odd

Medical science is amazing .the alternative medicine only goes so far .

Quoting Anonymous:

so then for thousands of years these alternative treatments have been used, and now all of a sudden in the last 100yrs, they're not trustworthy because someone who wanted to make money off his own invention said so??  

Quoting babie113: Because its not supported by science a lot of the time we understand so much more now than we did back then

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM

thats because the federal regulations for pharma's advertising was lifted, making it possible for pharma to advertise for anything and everything they want to

Quoting babie113: No because science has proved its not effective .some of it is .the drugs you see today have come from nature to but with much more study and scrutiny. I find America weird though its the only place ive lived eith adds for drugs ...thats just odd
Quoting Anonymous:

babie113
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Yeah thats so weird to me .

Quoting Anonymous:

thats because the federal regulations for pharma's advertising was lifted, making it possible for pharma to advertise for anything and everything they want to

Quoting babie113: No because science has proved its not effective .some of it is .the drugs you see today have come from nature to but with much more study and scrutiny.

I find America weird though its the only place ive lived eith adds for drugs ...thats just odd

Quoting Anonymous:

TrouserMouse
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I think people should be able to choose their own treatment and the most natural treatment with the least negative side effects should be advocated for.

I don't believe in ignoring the fact that medical advances are amazing. There are many unnatural treatments that have no equal natural counterpart. This is evidenced by our ability to now keep people alive often probably longer than they should be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN