Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I always knew she was a fake mother

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
SS' s bio mom, hasn't had custody since he was 15. He lives with us, he is 21. His choice to live with us. When he moved out she immediately went back to her maiden name. She has visited him less then 10 times 6 years. But is a great mom on FB!So for her family and friends, she appears to be involved.

Twice she came to our state to party at the beach and didn't tell SS so he could see her. Last week he got a package, in it, all of his baby pictures, baby book, christening outfit, first hair cut hair. Everything! The note said, with moving into the new house, I needed to declutter. Love mom.

Uh, what?? I said to DD, you know when you will get that stuff from me? She said yeah, when your dead. Yep!

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Yeah my mother did that, about 6 months after I moved out she took all of my baby things and stuff she had kept over the years and dumped it at my grandmothers and told me to take it all.

It stung but then again my mother never was a mother so I collected my things and that was that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Aww I am sorry. Its a huge statement of what kind of mother a person is.

Quoting Roxygurl: Yeah my mother did that, about 6 months after I moved out she took all of my baby things and stuff she had kept over the years and dumped it at my grandmothers and told me to take it all.

It stung but then again my mother never was a mother so I collected my things and that was that.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Well at least I got my things back, they were sitting in a shed and she had lost the hardware to my cradle and the board was warped and it was musty. My baby clothes had mold on them and we're yellowed due to smoke so I was glad to get the stuff back so I could care for it all properly. All my art projects and such had to be thrown away and my baby books were ruined as well.

Quoting jjames1990: Aww I am sorry. Its a huge statement of what kind of mother a person is.

Quoting Roxygurl: Yeah my mother did that, about 6 months after I moved out she took all of my baby things and stuff she had kept over the years and dumped it at my grandmothers and told me to take it all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjames1990
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Sucks.

Quoting Roxygurl: Well at least I got my things back, they were sitting in a shed and she had lost the hardware to my cradle and the board was warped and it was musty. My baby clothes had mold on them and we're yellowed due to smoke so I was glad to get the stuff back so I could care for it all properly. All my art projects and such had to be thrown away and my baby books were ruined as well.

Quoting jjames1990: Aww I am sorry. Its a huge statement of what kind of mother a person is.

at1984
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM

I know people like that. Or the ones who party Thursday-Wednesday while their kid is at the babysitter but claim to be the best thing since slice bread. Totally pisses me off! Some people just shouldn't breed. Thats all there is to that.

My daughter will get her stuff the day she puts me in the ground. I've earned the right to hold on to all that stuff. And she doesn't need it getting lost in any of the moves she's going to have. Essencially, it is my memories of my baby/little girl/big girl/tween/teen/adult. If I could I'd probably bury it with me lol.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM
It does but thankfully I have a wonderful grandmother and an aunt who acts like a mom so I don't feel like I'm missing out too much.

Quoting jjames1990: Sucks.

Quoting Roxygurl: Well at least I got my things back, they were sitting in a shed and she had lost the hardware to my cradle and the board was warped and it was musty. My baby clothes had mold on them and we're yellowed due to smoke so I was glad to get the stuff back so I could care for it all properly. All my art projects and such had to be thrown away and my baby books were ruined as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM
That's sad. I made my kids that moved out a file that had a bunch of their important papers, and some things from when they were younger. I did keep most of the big things though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM
My mother gave me all that stuff years ago, she thought I might want to compare it to my own kids.
AspirelI
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Not everyone puts that ,much importance on stuff. I don't think that makes someone a bad mother.(In general,the bm in this post sounds bad for other reasons..)Personally, I have never had much attachment to pictures or other things. Yes, I do own baby books and the like,but I haven't even opened them in years.

booaura
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM
That's sad, poor kid :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)