Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can't.fight.the.bloat!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
  • 14 Replies
I'm thin and in shape (I do Crossfit 5-6 times a week) buuut every freaking late afternoon my stomach bloats up huge and I look pregnant.

My husband has a gig tonight and I'd like to look good (need to feel good about myself around those young chicks fawning all over him haha.)

I can't figure out what's causing it- so I need ideas on how to fight it before it pops up today. Any ideas? HALP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryMom2014
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way. I started drinking a probiotic drink every day at noon. That seems to help a lot. Good luck.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Is it a specific probiotic? I take acidophilus every night before bed but maybe I need to take it earlier?

Quoting CountryMom2014: I'm the same way. I started drinking a probiotic drink every day at noon. That seems to help a lot. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Mobile Photo

This. I take the pills. They are amazing. $16 on amazon for 90 days.

Quoting CountryMom2014: I'm the same way. I started drinking a probiotic drink every day at noon. That seems to help a lot. Good luck.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM
What time of day do you take them? I use 2 billion cell acidophilus at night but I wonder if I should adjust the time I'm taking them

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryMom2014
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM
How much? Do you do 1 billion? Take it at least an hour before eating dinner. That's what has worked best for me. Also, I make sure I get liquid probiotics that have to stay refrigerated. They seem to work better than the pill form.

Quoting spastic_poodle: Is it a specific probiotic? I take acidophilus every night before bed but maybe I need to take it earlier?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I take 1 billion around 10am and 1 billion at 3pm before dinner.

Quoting spastic_poodle: What time of day do you take them? I use 2 billion cell acidophilus at night but I wonder if I should adjust the time I'm taking them

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I take the 2 billion. And I take enzymes with every meal because I have issues digesting. I'll try taking the acidophilus more often and around meals. Thanks!

Quoting CountryMom2014: How much? Do you do 1 billion? Take it at least an hour before eating dinner. That's what has worked best for me. Also, I make sure I get liquid probiotics that have to stay refrigerated. They seem to work better than the pill form.

Quoting spastic_poodle: Is it a specific probiotic? I take acidophilus every night before bed but maybe I need to take it earlier?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM
No idea. I usually only bloat when I'm on my period or eat too much.
spastic_poodle
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Lucky bish! I work so hard on my body... it pisses me off that it all appears worthless in my mid section :(

Quoting Anonymous: No idea. I usually only bloat when I'm on my period or eat too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristyKat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Apple cider vinegar? Google it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN